09/03/2011

A-hoy there me hearties!

I hope you're all having a good week and enjoying the slightly warmer, lighter evenings that we're getting now. I can safely say I'm very happy to see the sun's return, especially as the guinea-pig's are beginning to get very restless and are probably looking forward to running around in the garden outside. I wanted to thank everyone for the get well messages you sent for Patch, he's a lot perkier now, so the antibiotics are definitely working.

On my way back from volunteering I was very happy to see the daffodils and crocuses were coming out along the pathways, which can only mean one thing! Spring is officially here! Well, according to my calendar, it's not officially here until the 20th of March which I believe is the Vernal Equinox, which is explained in more detail here. I got some photos on my mobile of the flowers beginning to bloom, and I shall upload them as soon as I can, but I also spent yesterday afternoon painting and I was pleasantly surprised at how it came out.

Here are the photos, as always click for a larger view
-

The first two are of the cupcakes Mum made, and the tins which she decorated to put them in.



This is the painting I did

-





It's meant to be viewing a squid swimming past the port-hole from a sunken ship.

Have a good week everyone, and if anyone's interested, Glamour are giving away free Clinique products with their latest issue. It's only £2 so it's a lot cheaper than buying Clinique make-up at the original price, so that's a handy money-saving tip for everyone.

Have a good Wednesday evening everyone!
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Those cakes look yummy!! Nice painting :).

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cupcakes! they look delicious! :) and your painting is great! have a nice week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cupcakes look splendid! the pastel colours are lovely. pretty painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, the cakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow look at those cupcakes, and i love the paiting, so talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those cakes look so cute! Officially spring soon, our mini daffs are blooming, yay! Now following you :)
    Maybe check out my blog
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha