It's finally the weekend and I was looking through my photo albums on my computer and got a little nostalgic for a few things. With the sunshine slowly returning to Milton Keynes and the chill nearly, almost gone from the air I'm starting to think about the Summer again and it always takes me back to Cumbria, time spent with my Nana and visiting my Grandparents in Devon. But there are a few things in particular that I miss the most when it gets cold and chilly, and as much as I love the Wintertime and Christmas, it can never replace these things.
1. Walking along St Bees beach watching dogs run along the shore, kids rock-pooling and rock-climbers and hikers tackling the tough, uphill walk along the cliff edge.
2. Watching my cousin play with the sand at the Ruislip Lido. Not only is it a place near to where I was born and spent about 7 years of my life, my cousin is one of the brightest, smartest 5 year old's I've met and already I see a lot of myself as a kid in her, which is weird but sweet at the same time.
3. Waking up each morning in Torquay to the sounds of seagulls and sheep.
4. Watching the horses gallop about in the fields near Nana's house.
5. Watching the bumblebees buzz about Mum's lovely blue tree in the garden. I'm always lucky to get photos because I daren't go too near them in case I annoy of them and get stung! But they are cute, for some odd reason. I like bees, but unfortunately I can't find a photo with them and the blue tree! :(
What things are you looking forward to about Summer?
I also want to send my thoughts and prayers out to Japan and all those affected by the massive 8.9 earthquake which struck today. It is a terrible tragedy and I hope that everyone is receiving the help they need to get back on their feet. My thoughts are with all who have been affected.
Pray for Japan.