27/04/2011

Sun Soaked Memories

Hey everyone!

Over the past few days the weather has been beautiful and sunny but the heat has lessened considerably since the boiling hot Saturday, which was at 25 degrees Celsius at 4 in the afternoon! All this hot weather has got me thinking back to previous holidays and I thought I'd share some photos from Cumbria with you all. Also, I'd like to thank all my new followers, there are now 29 of you. I can't believe anybody would want to read much of my blog since I'm not particularly a fashion blog or post anything of much importance, but I'm glad you all enjoy the blog and if you ever have any suggestions then don't hesitate to email me.

I haven't been up to too much lately, which is a pretty boring thing to write on here, but I did make some more writing papers. I don't want to take any photos of them as I shall be sending them out to my penpals, most of whom are fellow bloggers, and I'd like it to be a surprise! I did, however, get out my Moleskin and my pencils and did a few drawings yesterday which I'll try and post on here the next time. Apart from that I'm meeting up with an old friend tomorrow, which should be fun, have been sitting out in my garden getting some vitamin D and enjoying hanging out with my Mum on her week off.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!
Any plans for the hot weather and the Bank Holiday?
xxx


^
Taken on St Bees beach. Can you see the crab? He's the green shape right next to the largest rock. Click for a larger view to see him :)

^
My friend the seagull. Every morning there was at least one of them outside of our caravan, perched on the lamppost or just wandering about outside looking for food. I have a soft spot for them even though most people hate them.


^
The beautiful Church cottage, which must have been the Vicar's parsonage. I love all the beautiful flowers, it's like something out of a fairytale. This was taken in Rydall.

^
Strange markings the waves had made as the tide had gone out, and my brother's shadow, haha. On St Bees beach again.

Winkes! You can eat these but personally I wouldn't try it. There were clusters of these all over the rocks at St Bees. It's brilliant for rock-pooling there, you'll find starfish, tiny little fishes, crabs, winkles, limpets, mussels, anemones and my Dad and I saw a pipefish. If you've not heard of a pipefish go here.

10 comments:

  1. I spent many school holidays in Cumbria, I hardly recognised it without the rain! Beautiful pictures and I'm a fan of seagulls, too (not often spotted here in the land-locked Midlands!)
    India is fabulous and totally addictive, once you've found your air fare it's so cheap, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Cumbria, not sure why. I really must make an effort to go.

    I think that people today make such an effort to travel abroad that we forget our own country.

    You take such amazing photos!

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to Cumbria either, your photo's look really pretty.

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your lovely beach photos and the cute Curch cottage. Making writing paper, thats so cool, I feel so uncreative just buying mine!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, these are lovely, lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natasha,
    I tagged you for an award on my blog :)
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly why you are getting so many followers -- Your personality really shines through your blog. I love it!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the loveliest photos. You make me want to go walking in the countryside! Hope you have a lovely long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the scenery is terrific. you photographed the beach so nicely, the moist sand, cool rocks and seagull all so beauitful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha