23/05/2011

Au revoir California Lilac tree

Hi everyone,

Mum's beautiful blue California Lilac tree has officially, we believe, died. We think the cold weather and frost got to it and now there's only a few blue petals and green leaves left. There are hundreds of dark brown leaves and not much life left in it, which is really upsetting because come this time last year it was absolutely beautiful, all blue and swarming with bumblebees and butterflies.

So this is a California Lilac appreciation post.
Does anybody have any tips on how to revive this type of tree at all?

Also, if anyone's interested, I found this really interesting website with a list of things to do in, I think, 1001 Days. It's just a cool website with a list of interesting things to do such as leaving an inspirational note in a book for someone to find, write a book and sleep under the stars so it's a really sweet and interesting website.

Hope everyone's having a good week!
xxx










5 comments:

  1. oh, what a shame. I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same tree/bush thing, but I think one type had a fairly short life 5-15 years ish. My parents had one that died unexpectantly. They're so pretty when they're in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty lilac pictures. I don't have any advice for you though, i'm afraid i'm complretely hopeless when it comes to plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. Such a beautiful tree: shame it's died. I'm having plant problems myself!
    Yes: saw V's season finale. Soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor tree :( I don't know if lilacs are particularly hardy but if you think it's dead anyway, you could do worse than prune it and see if it regrows.

    ...

    I've just consulted my mum (aka gardener extraordinaire) and she recommends feeding it, pruning it back a bit and leaving as many healthy leaves as possible on it. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awh the tree looks so beautiful :3 i havent seen a lilac treee before :3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha