29/05/2011

Wildlife and Lovely Things

Looking through my photo albums today I remembered a new website which I'd recently favourited, called the British Wildlife Photography Awards. 2011 entries are open now, but as I found when considering entering yesterday, you do need to pay to enter a photo, and it looks to be about £5.00 for a credit (and I needed two credits to enter) so you're looking at about £10.00 an entry, I'm guessing, depending on how many times/photos you wanted to enter. But I do think it's a brilliant competition to enter and since quite a few of the blogs I follow feature some fantastic photography, I was wondering if anyone had entered or was planning to enter?

Here's the link, if you're interested and if you've entered already, good luck!

On my travels around the internet I found a website via StumbleUpon (amazing the amount of brilliant things I've found because of it) on how to grow your own avocados! Follow this link to find out more. I'm not ashamed to say the next time Mum has some avocados, I will be trying this out!

I've also been re-discovering my lost jewellery, and found this fairy one which my best friend gave me for my birthday last year. I think all my necklaces have been crying out to see daylight. It's only since painting that wooden box I've gotten them all out and been sorting through them. I need to wear my necklaces more often.



Do you have a favourite necklace?

I'm sorry my posts have been a bit lacklustre recently, I have a few themed/planned ones to write so they should be getting a little more exciting soon. And Facebook has captured me again with several new amazing games including Deep Realms, Gardens of Time and Wild West Town...I sound like such a geek, because I am. I also finished my Summery inspiration board too



Does anybody else have an inspiration board?

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends!
xxx

8 comments:

  1. It is so fabulous to re-discovered something such as your necklace. It is really lovely. I have a few favourite necklaces, my heart locket, my owl necklace and my Juliette kitty necklace which I have all shown on my blog before. I love inspiration boards. I haven't got one but I have been thinking of making one when I have time in the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your inspiration board! I'm never really creative enough to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always say im going to get a mood board but it just never happens. will make one soon ;)

    http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
    Lydz xX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bookmarked the page to the photography competition. It sounds so interesting (I took photos at a zoo a while back and I was impressed at what my camera could do!)

    And the necklace is so pretty. I love jewellery, but don't wear necklaces enough either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your inspiration board. I don't really have one exactly but I routinely stick anything I like onto my wardrobe doors, I suppose it's a type of inspiration board but it started off as just covering up the boring doors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The board is a great idea! I've tried the avocado thing- it didn't work very well when I did it. My mum bought me the 'Hippy handbook' a couple of years ago which listed this idea and she save me some avocado seeds to go with the present! Bizarre but very sweet!!!
    I do have favourite necklaces. I have a tiny silver cross with a little gem from Next which I love- it is so small and delicate, not too big which is what I like about it, I wanted a tiny delicate cross when I bought it around 9 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your inspiration board! i usually just use my walls as my "inspiration board" so to speak. they are always fun :]

    thank you so much for stopping by our blog and leaving such a sweet comment! we really appreciate it! <3

    hope you'll come visit us again soon!
    xo, camilla & valerie
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha