12/06/2011

Raindrops

Today's been very wet and rainy and I thought this poem and these photos suited the current weather :)




I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
~
Shel Silverstein



Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby
~
Langston Hughes



Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main...
~
Thomas Lovell Beddoes

Hope everyone's having a good Sunday evening.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. oh man i wish i could get on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an excellent day to spend curled up in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos! shame they aren't sunshine though :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha