02/06/2011

Spooky Treats and Crafting

So I got my ring and bracelet from Athene Noctua a couple of weeks ago, and I also received my two badges from Spooky Boutique yesterday as well. Her shop is really cute with lots of sweet cartoon Gothic characters and cute Halloween themed accessories, as well as artwork. I bought a We're All Mad badge and a Peg Leg Penny the Cupcake Pirate.



They came wrapped in this really nice black paper with a little clear bag and a bright pink tag on the front. She also sent me these little extras.



A cartoon bat magnet, a toy spider ring and a liquorice flavoured sweet. So thank you Spider for these, I love my new badges! I also did a few sketches over the past few weeks. They're not great, but I do enjoy showing them to you all.



^
A rattlesnake


^
A sketch of a girl from a magazine in the street style section, but I changed her hair and facial features.

I also finally made another bracelet, and properly this time! I'd been using a different technique to knot the plastic thread together which was causing it to come undone, so this time I just did two simple knots and added a third for security. I got the little plastic sea creatures from my local crafting shop for about 20p each and I got the brown plastic beads from a hemp jewellery making kit, but wanted to use them in a bracelet instead.


I also changed my hemp necklace (I'm going to add the seashell to the above bracelet) and added this old bracelet charm instead. I used to have a bracelet with more of these charms on but it broke and my Mum kept a few of the charms, but neither of us know where the other bits have gone, so I just used this one on the necklace instead.



Hope you're all having a good week!
xxx



12 comments:

  1. The necklace is lovely - well done for reusing bits. I always mean to do that but then put the charms etc in such a safe place that I can never find them when I'm in a crafty mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brooches are too cute! And the bracelet is awesome!

    Also, there's something for you on my blog. :o)

    http://midnightpie6025.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-received-award-see-who-i-tagged-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent creations, well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha, thank you SO much for your comment on my blog. It's one of the nicest comments anyone has ever left me and it meant so much to me! You're very talented! I really love the rattlesnake (I LOVE reptiles, I'm actually going to a reptile show this weekend)! Anyway, good luck with ecerything and I hope to see more art from you. I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jewellery is really pretty, loving the last one- the charm looks like an ancient chinese coin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is wonderful. I can imagine all the time.
    Your sketches are fantastic. The one of the street style girl is amazing. Go you, with your talent!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natasha - to answer your question you left me - the starfish are on my site 'catherinedanielceramics.com', can be ordered by emailing me and made in any design you can think of really. Glad you like them. Love those charms on your bracelet - they don't look plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the badges!Very interesting and original!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crafting is so great because they're one of a kind :) I wish I had the time and creativity to do so :(( I love what you made <3 you should sell some hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha