02/07/2011

Lakes and Charity Gifts

Hi everyone!

Today I spent the day with my two good friends Sarah and Alison down at Willen Lake, feeding the ducks, swans and geese. I was walking home from the library when Sarah drove past me and quickly stopping, hopped out and asked me to jump in. It was a quick stop off at my house to put my book bag away before picking up Alison and driving up to Willen Lake (after a cheeky pit-stop at McDonalds where my lovely Sarah got me a fizzy Fanta) and Jollies, the pet store, for some duck food.

It was so nice to do something spontaneous and fun and Alison and I pretty much fed all the birds at the lake whilst Sarah took some amazing photos with her camera. She has a proper SLR but when I asked her the cost I knew I wouldn't be even considering buying one until I have a proper job. Plus my little digital camera's not bad and everyone seems to really like the photos I post on here anyway. It was really sweet watching the geese, swans and ducks dabble in the water and come right up close for the food. However, I'm now warier of swans after seeing them biting each other for the pellets we were throwing them. What lies beneath!

I didn't take my camera with me as I met Sarah very swiftly so apologies but the next time I'm there I'll make sure to take my camera.

I just wanted to post about two other things. The first being a website called My Tiger Bag, which is selling four sweet shopping/tote bags with a graphic print of a tiger face on with 50p of proceeds going towards the WWF's Save the Tiger Campaign, which began in 2010 and you can find out more about here. The bags are £5.00 each with postage and packing on top.




Tous have also released a new perfume H20 Ecochic fragrance, which is £26 available from Boots this summer, with 15 litres of water being provided to one person via Oxfam, living in an LEDC, with each bottle sold. 15 litres is roughly the amount one person will use in a single day, so it really does make a huge difference for those living in an area where water is sparse. At A-level my geo class briefly studied this and already some countries, such as Brazil, are struggling during hot seasons, having to ration water. The Tous perfume website is here.


Hope you're all having a good Friday night!
xxx

All photos are from Google and do not belong to me.

13 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun time. The perfume bottle looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nice evening with your friends. Thanks for stopping by me blog, apologies as I haven't had much time to blog lately. Are you off to university at the end of the summer, not sure if I mentioned before but I did a degree in geography and a masters in geographical analysis. You'll love it :) Every job I have had since always links back to my geography, although at one stage my parents thought I was going to be a student forever. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. Must check out that perfume


    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. who has a film camera these days?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need a fancy camers for blogging, a point and shoot is fine, it's all in the composition anyway...so they tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love an SLR but sadly can't afford one either. All my photos are taken with a little pink digital camera so I'm happy with them for now. I can't take amazingly clear photos or minute details on a runway but one day I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely day. I love doing impulsive fun stuff. And the Tous perfume sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive heard about tous and ive been meaning to get a sample and see if i like it. the bottle is soo cute, i might just get it for that! haha great post ♡, Rosa T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a lovely day, very fun. I adore the tiger bags they are so sweet. I love almost anything with a cat or tiger on it. Thank you for your last comment on my blog. I really appreciate it and you are definitely one of the most understanding and sweetest people that comments on my blog. In response to your comment yes I have spoken to a doctor before and I have been seeing a counsellor about anxieties. I often don't feel comfortable telling this to people but with you, I think you understand. What I have been trying all year hasn't worked so I feel really lost and defeated now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such great packaging for a perfume! I wish they had water bottles like that. and love those tote bags! i need one when i go to the grocer ><;;

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh feeding birds sounds so fun, I haven’t done that in years! It’s fun doing spontaneous things! I love the tiger bag, really enjoy the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bottle looks awesome and that's great it helps a good cause!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like you had a terrific day feeding geese and all. the bags are lovely and the bottle looks gorgeous and both with charitable benefits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha