10/07/2011

She walks in beauty...

I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday evenings. I wanted to share this beautiful poem with you all by Lord Byron today. I first heard this poem in a song by Nicholas Dodd and Sissel, which was used on a fan video for one of Dracula's brides, Lucy Westenra. You can watch the fan video here if you're interested. I think the music is beautiful and I've always loved vampires as a horror/supernatural character in films and stories alike so matching the music with the film was brilliant, I thought.

She walks in beauty like the night
of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
meets in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
had half impair'd the nameless grace
which waves in every raven tress,
or softly lightens o'er her face -
where thoughts serenely sweet express
how pure, how dear their dwelling - place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
so soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
the smiles that win, the tints that glow,
but tells in days of goodness spent,
a mind at peace with all below,
a heart whose love is innocent.

I was inspired to post about this after seeing these adorable shoes on Etsy a few weeks back, but never got round to posting it until today. These are from Em and Sprout's shop which you can find here.


 
How cute?!

Take care guys!
xxx

13 comments:

  1. haha i like the leap from those shoes to Lord Byron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tehe the shoes are cute :p and don't worry, I still need to post ur letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes indeed are so pretty, I can see why you'd be so taken with them. Re; your last comment on my blog, anything under 23 degrees is considered cold here, under 20 and the heaters come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, those shoes are super cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the poem is masterfully written. and the shoes show a more adorable and lighter side to a sullen topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the poem-so amazing! thanks for sharing, and i see how the shoes were inspiring!

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em and Sprout rules hey - I have a bunch of her stuff, super cute and well made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, those shoes are brilliant! I like my vampires quite cartoony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shoes are AMAZING! Wow I just love them so much, a very sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful poem so lovely! great post!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Byron is great! Love those shoes! I went and had a look and I want owl shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my. dracula shoes! super cute!
    and that poem is so pretty...very delicate and vivid. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha