15/10/2011

Music That Makes Me Happy

Hi everyone!

What? A blog post the very next day after the other one? Yes, I am getting back into the swing of things now so no fear, I am a bad blogger no more. Today I wanted to do something different and make a list of the Top 5 Songs That Make Me Happy. I was prompted to do this while sat in the kitchen of our university block listening to one of my house-mates iPod play-lists and also because, I think everyone can do with some music to cheer them up when life's feeling a bit sucky. 

So without further ado, here are my Top 5 Songs That Make Me Happy.

1. New Radicals - You Get What You Give


This song always puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. The lyrics are really uplifting and funny and it's also a really summery song for me too. It's the kind of song that as soon as it starts playing on my MP3 Player I instantly brighten up, I walk taller and faster and I start smiling. Plus it's got one of the best tunes! 

2. Royksopp - Happy Up Here


Ok, so the title kind of gives it away, but this is a song that always gets me in a good mood. It's by one of my favourite groups, has a great electro/dance beat and has a brilliant video to match. Just pure amazing-ness in a song. And the little laugh at the beginning gets me going even before the music kicks in. 


3. Sugar Ray - Into Yesterday


This is a song which always makes me happy. Yes it's from a kid's animated film but I couldn't care less. It's summery, beachy and seriously upbeat. The ultimate happy song in my eyes, or should that be ears? 

4. Bad Before Good - Day One


Another great song which I discovered through Skins, the only thing it was worth watching for really was the music, and this one was seriously good. The lyrics and the tune go so well together and it always makes me happy, and it's a great song to get going to. The harmonica is my favourite thing about this song. 

5. Robots In Disguise - I'm A Winner


The ultimate happy song. The lyrics are everything in this song. I love RID and their songs are always really varied but this is one of my personal favourites. Great if you need a boost and you're feeling hopeless, useless and low. Stick this on and you'll be back to your old self in no time :)

Enjoy and have a happy weekend!
xxx


7 comments:

  1. Good to see your blogging is back on track. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey natasha, this is one of the first times ive looked at your blog and i have to say, i love it!! great songs (particularly the first one, which has always made me want to smile and cry simultaneously) I hope you'll check out my blog, but just to say...yours is awesome!
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good choices. The New Radicals came out when Jon and I went on a trip to Spain, it'll forever remind me of glorious spring sunshine and excellent red wine. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when bloggers share their favorite music! It's a great way to find new stuff.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, the third song is so happy and adorable! I love it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess!! Robots in Disguise is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha