22/12/2011

Au revoir 2011!

I know I seem to say this every time Christmas rolls around but this year was very odd. I finally found myself at university surrounded by amazing people, feeling very grateful for everything I've been given whilst missing my family and friends incredibly, but enjoying every second nonetheless. I've already learned so much at university and it's only been a few months so I have high expectations for the rest of the year and all I'm going to gain. 2012 is going to be the year I stop worrying about things and I start taking my life in my stride, rather than fretting over every little detail. And while for many people 2011 may have been a fantastic year for you, it's also been an incredibly life-changing and sad year in many respects.  

While 2011 has certainly been a year for big world events it's also been a turning-point year, with high hopes that 2012 holds more opportunities for change and happier times, the world over. And hopefully if like me it's been a rocky year with lots of uncertainty, that 2012 will be the year that things finally fall into place. 

While this year has been very difficult for many people I wanted to make a very early new year's resolution in hopes that 2012 will be a better year, especially as I am the kind of person who is already stressing out about things I have to do and it's not even the end of the year yet! I hope that everyone else has had a fantastic year but if 2011 has been for you, like me, a mixed bag then first of all, hang in there, things have to get better eventually and just know that you're not the only one and I am sure that 2012 is gonna be the year that things change and get better for everyone. 

So if all my lovely followers would kindly join me in raising a glass to the end of 2011 (yes I know it's a bit early but inspiration struck me tonight and it's nearly Christmas!) and look forward to 2012 being the best year yet! I truly wish you all a wonderful new year!


Smudge also wishes you all a very Merry Christmas :)

Take care everyone!
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the new year. This year really has been a crazy one for us all. Let's just pray for a stress-free 2012 (yeah right lol). An early Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like 2011 went by so quickly! Well I hope you also have a wonderful New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 disappeared in a flash. I too have a feeling that 2012 will bring lots of happiness and excitement.
    Cheers - all the best!
    Hope you enjoy the festivities x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous photo, Tash!
    The last couple of years have been particularly hard, the next one can hopefully only get better! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that's lovely! Amen to not worrying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! Heres to 2012 and may it be the best year yet!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fab you sound so positive about a new year and a new start. Hope you have a lovely Christmas break! :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab post, hope you have a great christmas!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog!
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. its never to early to get into the Christmas/new years spirit! this year has been a little rough at times, and I hope that it will turn around in 2012. have a great holiday!

    http://www.moustachesandotherthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tasha! You've won 1st place in my giveaway! If you send me your address, I will ship your prize out this later this week!

    My email is saralynnart @ gmail . com without spaces :)

    <3 Sara Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a lovely Christmas this year, lovely!

    Goodbye 2011! Can't believe how quick this year has gone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you've had a lovely christmas! and yes she's gorgeous isn't she i love her outfits!

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a merry christmas, and happy holidays to you. I wish you the best for 2012. I have many of the same hopes and expectations as you for the coming year. I'm proud of what you have achieved in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha