18/02/2012

Get Out in the World

Coming back to a place you've not been to for a few months is always a nice feeling, especially when said place changes beautifully with each season. I recently walked down to my local park, Leon Recreation Ground, or as it was always known at school, The Rec this week and instantly felt calm as I rounded the corner. During the summer the park comes alive with bursts of wild-flowers, kids playing on the swings and people using the exercise equipment which was installed a few years ago as part of a government initiative to get people fit.

On this particular day the sky was the thing in question which was alive with colour!









I even decided to be a big kid and swing on the swings! Though twice I gently swung to a stop when a dog-walker and a walker went past...




I love just going for a walk around The Rec; there are always plenty of people using the ramps with their skateboards and scooters, plenty of dog-walkers, lots of squirrels and birds and a nice patch of green in amongst the town walls.


Happy Weekend everyone!
I go back to Bath tomorrow so expect more university related news :)
xxx

16 comments:

  1. That is a really nice view :) I have a place like that near me but I haven't really been in a long time. A very long time. There's also a park with a big field next to it I haven't been to since I was 17, despite there being signs you aren't allowed in if you're over 14. I'm a real rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's really something about sunsets (or the sky) that gives us a certain perspective...i will never get tired of looking at the sky.

    and yes, take the time and effort to be a kid! it's what keeps our lives more cherishable...<3

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky is quite an incredible colour. I agree about going back to a place where you haven't been for a long time. The swings must have been fun, I'll never say no to the swings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so beautiful. I love the sunset!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post my dear! I'm going to be over in Bath in the near future for a training course...maybe we might find time for tea/coffee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you look so happy! Love these photos! And the clouds of course have me swooning! By the way, I've tagged you for a blogpost! Come and answer some random questions Kezzie style: http://kerenzaallin-garner.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-im-it.html
    I'd love to see your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love playing in the playground i havent done it in ages though :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. NIce pictures! Now you're making me want to play on a swingset lol.

    http://carrymel.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a really gorgeous sunset!

    I don't blame you for jumping on the swings - Nothing wrong with being a big kid once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nature is so inspiring. I have very fond memories of Bath;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love these shots!

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love swings! but there are hardly any in japan...actually there are hardly any parks. no wonder kids are so into their video games D:
    glad to see you smiling :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  13. And now I have a sudden urge to go visit my old Elementary school. It's been years since I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the sky looks so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha