05/03/2012

Wainwright knew what he was on about...

The promise of Easter, sunshine and relaxation are just around the corner (well a month, but I like to think it'll be sooner) so despite the assignments, presentations and exams looming and piling up I'm choosing to focus on the good things in life. Like the fact it's light at 5 o'clock now and there are crocuses blooming underneath the trees along the grass outside our Halls. 

I recently had a fortune from a fortune cookie which stated that my patience would pay off so I'm choosing to ignore the present stresses, enjoy my studies and dream of summer. That and sing along to some classic Disney tracks whilst writing assignments to keep my spirits up ;) Today was spent watching The Colour Purple - amazing film, I highly recommend it, eating my way through a packet of jammy dodgers (don't judge me) and listening to environmental corporations talk about what they look for in an employee which was both interesting and daunting but has given me plenty to think about.

I also spent today day-dreaming about Cumbria after Wainwright's Walks came up as one of the recommended reads whilst searching for books on Iron Crag for one of my assignments, which lead me to trawl through my old photos. So have a bit of a "zen moment", sit back and relax - particularly if you, like me, have lots of assignments due soon in what I am dubbing March: The Month of Stress. 


 ^
Aero-Force


 ^
Two seagulls took off just as I clicked the camera!



Have a good week everyone!
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Well I don't have assignments but we can all use a zen moment here and there. I don't share your enthusiasm for summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. I am thrilled to see the first signs of spring x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a nice fortune cookie to get :) lovely photos i'll send you letter off by the end of th week sorry for the late reply :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I'm ready for holidays too even though I've only been back at class for a week and a half! Good luck with all your assignments you have to complete in March. I've got one of those months coming up in April/May (just trying not to think about it yet or it will stress me out too much).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very peaceful. I hope these photos help take you through March!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha