16/04/2012

Back to the Blue Lagoon

It's that time of year when the spring blossoms begin to burst into life, the birds are flitting about in the garden and the skies seem to get bluer and bluer. It's one of my favourite things to go walking around the little lake around the corner of my house and see the seasons changing before my very eyes. I've seen lots of butterflies, dragonflies, rabbits and even a muntjac deer around the lake! It makes me happy to know that even though I live in a city that there is a wealth of hidden wildlife about. 



I love it when the blossoms come out!

I also went for a little walk down some pathways I'd never even seen before or been down and found a whole other hidden area to the Blue Lagoon, so I am very excited about doing some more exploring before I go back to university. This Easter break has been a mixture of ups and downs but it's always so nice to see everyone, have a catch-up and get back in the loop before descending back into the fray at university. 

Recently I've found myself becoming quite low again and am constantly worrying about little things, such as a few fun parties which I should be looking forward to at university, but instead am getting anxious and nervous about it. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or how they've coped with these feelings, but I'd love any advice you guys have. I'm trying to think more positively and just have a happier outlook in general; it's always tough to forget stresses that are going on but I'm devoting so much time to being stressed that I am just not enjoying myself, which is terrible. So when I go back to university I'm not going to entertain my stressed self as much as I have been doing. I need a break!



I even took a short video of the tree blossoms.

I'm also going to be uploading a little vlog here and there and I'm going to be adding lots more short videos to my Youtube channel, so I'll put the link in the Contacts page for you to go and have a look at them.



I hope you all had a good start to the week.
xxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha!! Lovely pictures and post again as always. I hope your stress lessens. Personally, I am always helped by trying to think of things that are good and positive in my life - that always puts things in perspective for me. Do you have a summer break for classes? That could help somewhat as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you do just need a break and to take some time to yourself. You have some lovely views and places around you, I think being closer to nature like that might make you feel a bit better. Just try not to stress about things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sending love and vast open spaces* xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the blossom, it always smells brilliant in the evening - strangely no smell in the mornings?
    Keep smiling x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ei! what a great pics!!!
    I've seen that you are from Milton Keynes!! what a surprise! jejeje I'm very familiarized with this city! :-)

    kisses sweetie!!
    http://self-dressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!! Of course I follow you back!
    If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, fashiolista, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN
    TWITTER

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww... awesome blog! I really love the pictures!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. check out my blog, if you want we can follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant blog, truly. As for the nerves thing, parties have never been my most comfortable space. What kind of party are you referring to? I live in the US, so I'm guessing that they're similar but different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing blog! would you like to follow each other?
    lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com
    check also my travel blog!
    http://travelthroughfashinworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, blossoms! One of my greatest, most treasured memories that I've taken from my time in college was when the cherry trees would bloom along the river. My God. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. And the smell was outstanding.

    My friends and I would go after class and sit beneath them to have lunch. There was one day in particular when a harpist and a painter sat near by. I honestly can't describe how amazing it felt. It was like we were sitting inside of a movie or a book. The music playing while this girl stood painting the trees around her...man, oh man. Outstanding.

    http://peaceandpenguins.blogspot.com/2012/03/fresh-air-does-body-well.html (you can see some of the night-shots here, but they really don't do the trees justice!)

    This is a beautiful post and I'm so thankful for the memories it brought up for me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog & am now following! Adore the lovely photos you've shown here; you're so fortunate to be surrounded by such natural beauty :) Sorry to hear you've been feeling stressed & anxious! I've had really bad anxiety in the past, so I know how awful it can seem at times. University was always a huge stress to me, & I've found that since I left it my anxiety has pretty much gone away. Since you're obviously still in uni my biggest suggestion to keep the stress at bay is exercise! I personally find running in the morning helps balance my day & keep me smiling. It's best to find the perfect thing that works for you :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have cherry blossoms at my university too, definitely the best part about my campus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee hee, your voice sounds like mine on the vlog!!!!!! Lovely positive vibes!!! Love the blossom!
    I often feel a little anxious about party situations, never sure what to do except pray!
    Just had a chat to my dad about clouds, it made me think of you!
    Muntcjack deer scare me- they sound so violent when they do that cry/noise, especially when I hear it in the dead of night when camping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your blog:)Maybe we can follow each other?

    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  16. grat images, nice blog
    cam to visit my blog and if you like we can follow each other! Keep in touch with fashion
    and if you like follow me also on
    FACEBOOK
    CHICISSIMO
    BLOGLOVIN
    LOOKBOOK

    have a good day... KISS KISS JEASMINE
    KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty and gorgeous pictures, I always enjoy seeing them. Your video is a really cool idea too. I hope you are ok. I can definitely relate to your feelings, I find it really hard to think positively and change my thought patterns. I wish you all the best with that and you've got lots of friends here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you always take beautiful photos ^_^ i got your letter today thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha