01/04/2012

Gorgeous Glamorgan

Once again I have seriously neglected the blog, but I have been replying to comments on and off so hopefully you've stuck around. I'm finally on my Easter holidays and the majority of my assignments are now finished until my exams begin in May, so yay! On the 27th March it was our last geography field-trip before the Easter holidays, which was a blessing as it was so nice to get off campus and out of the classroom for a day. We travelled to Glamorgan in South Wales along the coastline to Ogmore-on-Sea and Southerndown.

^
Us geography students clambering over the rocks at Ogmore-on-Sea.

^
Some of the breccias and limestone rocks you can find on the shoreline at Ogmore-on-Sea. I loved the different colourations in the rocks. Some were much lighter than others simply due to weathering.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous with scorching temperatures. At one point everyone was just fanning themselves with their hands because of the heat. It was good we were on the coast that day as the breeze from the sea tempered the heat. I also had a serious geek out looking at the stunning wave-cut platforms at Southerndown.

^
Wave-cut platforms at Southerndown. I love all the different tiers in the rock face too. Total geography geek here!

I had a fantastic day and it was so nice to see such a beautiful part of the UK. I'd not been to Glamorgan before so it was really nice to get away for the day and be by the seaside! Polly and I had a great time walking around looking like cavers with our hard hat's on, haha!



Glamorgan is a stunning area and I learnt so much. If you ever get the chance to visit it, make sure you do, it's well worth the trip.

 ^
The view of Southerndown as we walked towards the beach. 

 ^
Another view of Ogmore from the rocks.

^
A very weathered rock face at Southerndown.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and you're all looking forward to Easter.
xxx

8 comments:

  1. There are some really lovely scenes in Wales, but I've only been once. At least your assignments are done so you can enjoy your holiday, so make sure to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look of the scenery here! Sounds like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a deep love of west wales and met my first love on that beach...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like good fun! I wish I had more adventurous friends to join me and go on adventures like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always gain at least three things from each of your posts- a positive outlook, I learn something new and see the beauty of nature!! I love the wave formations too- never realised that's what they are before, but of course that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful view..it looks like a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing photos! your course looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha