24/05/2012

Year One

This is a post specially dedicated to my housemates and all of the wonderful Hiscockians and the amazing people I've met on my geography course this year. 

If you had told me that this time last year I would be climbing over limestone rocks on the Glamorgan coastline with 3 of the nicest geographers I've met, lying in the sunshine with everyone from Hiscocks and spending hours chatting in the kitchen with my amazing housemates I wouldn't have believed you. 

Fast forward several months and I cannot believe that the first year is nearly done.  I say it as often as I can, but I could not have asked for a better bunch of people to live with. They have helped me through bad times, made me laugh (although that's not that difficult to do :P) and have always made me feel welcome and loved. This may just seem like a really gushy post where I'm just being nice but the stress and fear I had before coming to university was horrible, and everyone here at Bath Spa has made that transition just easy and fun. 


I was so concerned with people liking me, making friends and fitting in that I felt my stomach drop the moment my parents drove through the opening to Bath Spa. I almost thought, the night before, whether or not I was making the right choice but if I hadn't I never would have met the Helen's, Laura, Emily, Sam, Robert and Rob. They are 7 of the nicest, funniest, cheekiest people I've ever met and I can't imagine having shared my first year or my time in Halls with anyone other than these brilliant people. They've cured my never-ending 'sorries', put up with all my squeeing (sorry Robert :P) and the constant laughter as well as making me grow as a person. My confidence this year has just soared and I have never felt happier than I do now.


Everything I have been through with these people has made me so grateful for the new friendships I've made, the things I've seen and the experience I've had. Bath is just a gorgeous city and I feel so blessed to be here and to think that a few years ago my educational future was on the rocks, quite seriously. Now it's like those 2 years of stopping and starting never happened and I can wake up with a massive grin on my face because of the amazing things I've got planned ahead. 

So to everyone I have met this year, you have made my first year absolutely amazing and I am so psyched for my second year with all of you brilliant people! To my geography lot - what a lovely bunch of people you are to work with, to the whole of Hiscocks -  it feels like we're a big family and to my housemates -  thanks for putting up with all my bunny stories ;) and I cannot wait to introduce you all to my friends back home.


I hope everyone is having a great week and if you have exams, go and ace them! Good luck!

xxx

9 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post Tasha! I wish I could enunciate what it is that I love about your blog! It has something,a quality, a genuineness, an apprecation,a personality and a delight that I find utterly enchanting but find hard to define! Thank you for making me smile, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a rather nice tribute to your friends :) I'm glad you met such wonderful people and that your fears were unfounded :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely post! I remember feeling the exact same way when I first went to university in a different province where I didn't know a soul. I was so shy & terrified, but I'm so glad I stuck with it because it was an amazing experience, just like yours! Here's hoping your second year is even better :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post my darling xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, this made for lovely reading. So glad your first year has been a blast :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww very sweet post, treasure those times and have fun! <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for commenting on my blog honey, can we to follow each other?
    p.s. my final exams are coming soon ...
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and beautiful post my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha