26/06/2012

What an amazing world...

The world is full of some amazing natural spectacles and from a young age I have been so fascinated with plants and animals, probably from spending too much time at my Nan's in front of the Natural World with orange lollies, taking in the majesty of the great wildebeest migration, but it never gets old! I'm forever being surprised with just how beautiful the planet is and I have been losing hours poring over gorgeous photos on Pinterest...damn that website and it's gravitational pull! Here are some of my favourites


Icebergs have always interested me and the intricate swirls and lines carved into the ice make it look like a sculpture you'd find on exhibition at The Tate! This is a spiral berg, photography by Steve Bulford in the Antarctic from Red Bubble. What a stunning photo.




This is a McMurdo Dry Valley, normally found in the Antartctic. They're considered deserts as they lack snow so are devoid of any moisture. I love the differences in colour from the white of the ice to the russet/iron colour of the desert, it's like someone's dropped a jar of honey and it's spilt everywhere. The colours are just amazing! 


Mount Huashaun in China, is one of the places I really want to go to in the future. It's one of the countries most well known mountains and for good reason. With the mist rising and the other peaks viewable in the distance it looks like a scene from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. 


These strangely animal-like rocks are found at the Kangaroon Island Wilderness Retreat in Australia and I love them! The variations of cream and red in the rocks is so pretty and the odd shapes that have been weathered into the rocks is fantastic. 


Sigiyura, or Lion's Rock as it's also known is an ancient rock fortress in Sri Lanka. How stunning must the views be from the top of it? Apparently ancient paintings can be found within the fortress walls, I'd be like Indiana Jones exploring every nook and cranny! 


Last but never least the ever impressive Uluru or Ayers Rock in Australia. The flat-topped, red sandstone mass of rock has always enchanted me. It looks so lonely in the desert but the gorgeous deep red has always attracted me to it and I would love to climb it and see the view from the top. 

Has anyone seen or visited any of these fantastic places before? 

All of these photos came from a lovely lady on Pinterest. She has a ton of other photos similar on her board, All over The World. 

Hope you're all enjoying your week!

xxx

14 comments:

  1. There is an awful lot of beauty in this world :) I love places filled with ice and snow, and the Aurora Borealis. There's even some great man made beauty with things like the Ice Hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some pretty incredible sights alright! I've always wanted to go see Ayers Rock, haven't made it there yet but I will one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing, nature is breathtaking, isn't it? Love the cloud formation. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the reminder of how amazing nature can be x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooooooooooooh!!! Beautiful!!! Incidently, I have a cloud picture on my current post awaiting your approval! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and inspiring images!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know.
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have nominated you for the Sister Of World Bloggers Award. Please go to my blog http://livingalifeoftruth.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/sisterhood-of-the-world-blogger-award/ to get information to add your award to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by, happy to follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really fantastic, i think that's the advantage of studying geography because you tend to see and understand the beautiful things around the world more than us! awesome pictures! I just love the last one!

    joss
    http://millionheartsandafewcrosses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all very impressive. My favourite is the first one. It is very so fantastic and amazing. This is a very interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to figure out where are your followers so that i can follow you! can you help ? :))

    joss
    http://millionheartsandafewcrosses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I major in Geography back in my university years and I absolutely adores the nature pictures especially the iceberg picture :) Have an awesome weekend Natasha!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha