21/07/2012

Birdsong and Bees

The garden always comes alive in the Summer and today was no exception. I found an adorable little baby bird sitting happily in our garden. I didn't go and disturb him other than leaning in for a photo as many baby birds end up on the ground but normally the parents are very close by, as I also found it. As soon as I started to walk off it's Mum and Dad flew down and checked on the little one.


I think it's a baby blackbird as the parents certainly looked like blackbirds and I hope this fledgling was alright, but as tempting as it is to try and protect the little baby from the neighbourhood cats, I can't, and the RSPCA always warn against touching fledglings you find so I left well alone.

I also found a very prettily coloured ladybug larvae chilling out on the lavender flowers. I didn't realise the ladybug had four stages until they reached adulthood. I did some Googling earlier after I took the photo as I wanted to be sure it was definitely a ladybug baby. While insects aren't everyone's cup of tea, I do find them very interesting and I love how colourful some of them can get!


And to top it all off there were plenty of bees around too!



I hope everyone's having a good weekend!
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Awwww I love the little bird :) I'm sure it's parents would have gotten it out of there if a cat came along too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! i love taking shots of bees too. I didn't know ladybugs had a larval stage... you learn something new every day1

    ReplyDelete
  3. we don't get many birds in our garden since the arrival of Mae :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty pictures! sadly one of my naughty kitties brought in an almost identical dead bird to that one this morning, savage nature, huh? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep running by small (baby) birds that don't seem to flinch when I pass by; its the strangest thing. A couple of times they try to fly away but can't.. I wonder if they fell out of the nest or somthing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are amazing. It's so cool how you were able to get such a close up picture of a bee. I've always wanted to do that actually. What a sweet little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photography <3

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow nice post! Btw, it's my first time visiting your blog, and it's a nice blog.
    I'm blogger from Indonesia and like your blog <3
    Wanna follow each other? ;)

    my blog :sausanhanifah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! i like your blog! Im following you now, please,if you like my blog follow me back please! XoXo

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for comment on my blog.
    I've done follow your blog via GFC, hope you'll do the same ;)

    sausanhanifah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics!! Hope you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very unusual and cool images!)

    http://redinsidefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are very beautiful photos and especially the baby bird and the ladybug larvae!! I can never take such a close shot of a bird!! And it's so cool to know that ladybug has four stage before reaching adulthood :) Great post and thank you for the sweet comment Natasha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos, as always! I hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving your blog!
    I just followed on GFC. Follow back?
    I'd really appreciate it:)
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I've never seen a baby ladybug before! I never knew they looked like that either. :o

    Also, the baby bird is so cute. I have some bunnies living in my front yard and they recently had a baby! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha