03/08/2012

Olympics and Ladybirds

I know I've said it a hundred times but when the sun sets and the light is refracted and hits the clouds in certain ways, it really is beautiful. 




First of all, how fantastic are Britain doing in the Olympics so far? Olympic Fever didn't really hit me until I was walking around Sainsbury's and saw the mascots and all of the merchandise. It's nice because the whole country is united behind each other and the opening ceremony was amazing. I think the music was the thing that took my breath away the most, especially the opening piece by Underworld, entitled "And I Will Kiss", just gorgeous. Give it a listen below - >


What's been your favourite sporting moment so far?


I snapped this little one while I was gardening. I've never seen a ladybird this shade before!


My Mum's been planting wild flowers and lots of poppy-a-likes have popped up over the past few days. They're a lovely, flame red and add some much needed colour to the patio.

Has anyone been lucky enough to go to the Olympic Village? 

It was one of the redevelopment programmes we looked at at A-level so it has a special place in my heart. I'd love to go and visit it someday. I hope they turn it into something nice after the games are over.

It's Friday guys, have an awesome weekend!

xxx

16 comments:

  1. I too am wondering what's going to become of the Olympic village and even the stadium when the games are over and done with. Sunsets are incredibly beautiful :) But I've not been watching the games really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos! They have cheered me up especially the ladybird :) I've been watching a bit of the Olympics especially the archery as Larry Godfrey is my friends brother! I didn't think I would enjoy the ceremony but it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaazing blog and I really love it.

    Very nice photos :))



    follow eachother?

    http://lajune16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ladybird photo is stunning! I think I must be the only person around not fussed about the olympics hey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. the pictures looks very nice and your blog is very interesting <3

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos! love it so much dear:)
    btw maybe we can fllw each other?i would love to keep in touch
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear,

    love your post! amazing pics!
    also very nice blog!
    PLs look also at my blog and become a friend too :-)

    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. such beautiful pictures, that flower is gorgeous

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That one of the ladybug is really cool! =) Thanks for following me, by the way.

    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos again!!! I absolutely agree with you, when the sun set, that is the time the sky is really shinning :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that sky is beautiful. You got some great shots.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. very beautiful pictures>3
    come by and lets fllw each other if you love to do:)
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love how ur appreciate nature :3 nice photos, sorry its taken so long to reply to ur letter! i will do soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous pictures. You are such a great photographer. I never get tired of looking at them!


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  15. :D Sunsets are my fav! These are really nice especially with the silhouetted foreground. love that colour of the poppy! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha