14/08/2012

This Time Is Yours

I am the number one person for fretting about things I want to do. For me it's my summer holidays, time which has been given to me to allow me to recuperate from my first year of university in which I worked really hard and got the good grades for. So why do I feel bad if all I do (most) days is just literally chill out? From watching films, to Sailor Moon marathons, reading for hours and looking at blogs, I feel like I constantly have to be doing something  and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this and if you have how do you deal with it? Do you find it as difficult as I do to relax? 

Even when I'm sat at the computer for hours I'm not properly relaxed. My muscles are tense, I fidget and get up so often to tidy things! So from now on I've made a vow to enjoy the rest of the summer - properly!  


I took a photo of these lovely palm trees in Devon over the Summer and thought they were apt!

I will
  • Not worry if all I've done on a day off is watch Sailor Moon and browse the internet.
  • Stay up late listening to music and not care if it's 2am and I'm still chilling out to my favourite songs.
  • Watch endless Youtube videos because I actually have the free time to now.
  • Sit in the sunshine and enjoy the weather.
  • Spend time with my friends and not worry about trivial things I have to do.
  • Allow myself to do nothing for a change and just relax.
Sometimes I think we forget that it can actually be really good to have a couple of days each week, especially over the holidays, where you just chill out, be lazy and do nothing. I made a promise to myself at the beginning of 2012 that I wasn't going to let anxiety rule my life any more and recently I've been finding that it has been, so before it gets any further - It's time to have the best summer ever and I strongly suggest that to anyone whose feeling down or low or like they aren't doing enough - you are. You are enough, you do enough and you give enough. So give yourself a break. It's the summer and if you get a couple of days off or you have holiday time, well damn well put your feet up and enjoy some time off! 

I hope everyone's enjoying the sun and remember relax!

xxx

10 comments:

  1. Dreaming that I'm there:)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of this post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!this is what paradise looks like!!!
    xx




    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your free time, that's what I say! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree! It's your holiday! I worry when I haven't done useful or interesting or exciting things this holiday but sometimes it is good to mong!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just do whatever you like!
    Though some people relax better in action. It can make a person fidgety to just sit and do nothing. Though computers tend to make one a bit tense of course.
    But you should just do what you feel like:) And if you get bored, or get too tired from doing nothing you can always set some nice goals for yourself to make sure you do some things you really want to do in your holiday.

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute!!! I love watching sailor moon too :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and your posts are very unique!! :)COuld you please consider following each other? I think you could like my blog is fashion and beauty related with a bit of lifestyle! :) www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter: @shineonbyandrea Instagram: shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. good photos :D
    maybe we can follow eatch other? http://amazing-beauty-case.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. im glad youre taking time for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha