14/08/2012

Why I Love St Bees


For those of you who have been following me for a while now you'll know that my favourite place in the whole entire world is Cumbria, or primarily, St Bees. With all the wondrous locations and places to visit in the world you'd think I pick a more tropical, luxurious place but to me nothing compares to this gorgeous beach. St Bees is a gorgeous headland which was named after the nearby town of St Bees and as soon as my family and I drove there for our first holiday in the Lake District, I was smitten. 


The thing I like most about St Bee's beach are the numerous rock-pools and little nooks and crannies which were filled with anemones and tiny fish. Knowing me I get excited at the smallest hint of wildlife so I was definitely in my element. I found jellyfish, pipefish, small fishes in and around the shallows and plenty of crabs.  It's a beachcombers paradise!


The beach was especially pretty at dusk. As the sun dips behind St Bee's head, it cast rays all over the sea and they bounced off the surface creating this diamond like effect that you can see in the photo below. I was completely mesmerised!


Whenever we've been there on holiday we've always had really nice weather which has meant I was always up early and off for a walk in the shallows on the beach.


It really is a gorgeous place.

Has any one visited St Bees before? 

I hope everyone's having a good week! 

xxx

22 comments:

  1. You're giving me inspiration, we used to holiday in the lakes when I was a teen & I've never been to St Bees. I'm holidaying in Ambleside for a few days next month so I'm going to have to pay it a first time visit! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really beautiful here Natasha, I'm nor surprised you like it there so much. My favourite part of the world isn't exactly tropical either, but I think how we feel when we're there has a whole lot to do with it, and this is obviously a very special place for you. Gorgeous photos, glad to see you enjoyed your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly looks like a beautiful place! I love being near the water too... although I somewhat take the beach for granted. I think our favourite places always are the places where we have lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too!Would love to visit;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful place! Those picutres made me miss summer so much!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos, looks lovely. I've never been to that part of the country your photos make me want to now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice photos and blog!!!

    xoxo
    http://mynameisglenn.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! And I love those big smooth rocks<3

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I went to St. Bess (St. Elizabeth) and you went to St. Bees :) COOL!

    :) I'm terribly biased to my Jamaican beaches but these photos are lovely! Love the concept of the rock pool though. Seems like an unique experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I find regular beach beautiful until I saw your photos, and I realize this is what a beautiful beach should really be like!! Thank you for your kind comment every time and I wish you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. st bees is such a cute name, i love early morning beach walks :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog! These pics are gorgeous. I lived in the UK (for an entire four mos) recently, after marrying - we were in a tiny place along the Fylde coast called St Annes, not far from the Lake District. Wish we had more time to explore before moving to France. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been there, but it looks amazing from your photographs and description! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely pictures! followed you, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks beautiful, I can imagine why it's your favorite place. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow it is so incredible. I can see why you like it so much. I would love to take my outfit pictures there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fantastic! All those landscapes look so relaxing. I NEED a holiday. :(
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Lots of love! <3

    P.S: I'd love to ask you for a little help. It would mean a lot to me if you read my newest post and helped me out. Won't take more than five minutes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It does look rather lovely. I haven't been to a beach in ages...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha