07/01/2013

What the Jellyfish Told Me



It is that time of year again when the infamous January blues seem to descend like a storm cloud over many people. After the joy and the hubbub of Christmas it's so easy to begrudge getting out of bed early again and  having to actually do work (this morning was a task to get up, believe you me!) but then I was looking through some photos of last year and I saw these ones of the jellyfish at Bristol Aquarium and I thought to myself - it's time to float.

In 2013 I'm going to pretend I'm in a sea of calm and I can just float through. Life is difficult and sometimes it does feel like the difficult times will never end but then I just remember the jellyfish and how they glide through the water, allowing the current to take them wherever it wishes. I hope that anyone who is experiencing the post-Christmas blues understands what I'm trying to get at here, because life is so hectic and busy and there aren't enough hours in the day but sometimes it's ok to be like the jellyfish - it doesn't matter if all you did today was just float. 






Hope everyone is well and enjoying the first week back, especially if you're at university or work.

Tasha
xxx

12 comments:

  1. May 2013 be a sea of calm to you my wonderful friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get what you're saying, and it's actually a pretty good life lesson. Jellyfish are surprisingly cute too. I don't really get much in the way of post Christmas blues, but I'll try to remember the jellyfish.

    To think, that's not even the weirdest thing I've ever said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get it. I floated today- I had a splitting headache after a doctor's appointment, having slept very little last night and have not done anything! But as you say, it's ok!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. jellyfish are such magical creatures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY get where you're coming from! Sometimes when I'm at work and its just so hectic and stressful I could scream, I think exactly the same thing. Just float through it, don't let it affect you, carry on as if its happening to someone else. And it absolutely works, too!

    I have the January blues big time, it's nice to know you're not alone!

    Maddie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fake it till you make it sweetheart,

    2013 will be your year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading this! Wish I could be a jellyfish, floating through life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely an idea! Tranquility ... Now that's something I could use. Thanks for the thought - I'll try to remember this the next time I'm stressing needlessly. Stay afloat: that's all you can do. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this post. What a great mindframe to take into the New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a great idea. This is really smart to compare it to the jelly fish. I need to do this also. I am having a difficult time at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha