13/02/2013

Lovely Lyme Regis

Last week our Environmental Hazards class travelled to Lyme Regis to look at the current coastal defences there, as well as the landslide at Black Ven and the beach supports along Monmouth Beach. It was a really sunny, dry day and despite falling over every 3 seconds in the muddy fields along The Spittles, it was great fun.


This was the view from the top of Charmouth, looking out over the sea. I love how the sun reflects off the surface of the sea. 


This was the landslide at Black Ven - I didn't realise how big it would be. There's a golf course behind it and around the corner, there was another landslide with lots of houses below it! 


Lovely view from the top of the hill we'd walked up in Charmouth. The area was really pretty. 


Looking out over the hill towards the town below. Scary how close these things happen to the towns. 



This was taken down on Monmouth Beach on my phone. I loved all the little beach huts along the walkway. 


Another view on Monmouth Beach - in the distance you can see the other cliffs where the second landslide had happened. 


This was the harbour next The Cobb - I love harbours, seeing all the little boats tied down. Reminds me of holidays in Devon and Cornwall. 



It's always really nice to be outside and see what we've been studying up close in the real world and I don't know how we've managed it but every time we've had a field-trip the weather has always been really nice. So despite getting absolutely covered in mud with the amount of times I fell over in the muddy fields along The Spittles (hence no photos at that point - everything was in my rucksack away from the mud!) it was great fun and I managed to make everyone laugh with my consistent slipping and sliding!

This week I'm starting my work experience with The Parks Trust, mapping street furniture such as benches, street art, signposts and information panels so that they can better manage what they have in their parks. It's nice to be outside collecting data and knowing that I'm helping with a project is a nice feeling. I can't believe how fast this year is going! Over half-way through now!

Hope everyone's having a great week!

xxx

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what a wonderful field trip this must have been!! I wish I could have went!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked my blog.

    I'd love to have studied Geography at Uni - if I could back a few years I would have done something along those lines instead of getting a degree in early childhood studies. I'd love to work outdoors as a national park ranger or something now, but I didn't know that when I did a degree!

    Your blog looks great, I think I'll enjoy it so I'll follow it and come back when I have more time to nosy.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, it's lovely! I have coastal withdrawal symptoms!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is so lovely, you always visit the most beautiful places. This seems like an interesting topic to study also. I always think I would have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me miss your fine country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fantastic trip (and I can totally relate to the falling over a lot...)! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photos - it looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish every weekend was as relaxing as some of these scenes in the photos


    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really pretty, nice shots of the coastline:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been to Lyme Regis but it looks lovely!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time at uni really does fly! Deffo make the most of it while you can. Lyme Regis looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous pictures. I'd love to be by the sea right now.
    Good luck with your placement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha