25/03/2013

Work Placements and Snow!

I can't believe how fast the time is going but I'm back over Easter and currently finishing my work placement which is really good fun. It's brilliant to be working on a project with an organisation. My work placement lasts for 4 weeks and I'm lucky to be working with The Park's Trust who manage all the green spaces in Milton Keynes - a much larger variety of parks and woodlands than I had anticipated!

Also has anyone else had their fair share of snow? Everytime I come home at the moment it's snowed again! 

^
Looking out over all this green you wouldn't think this was in the centre of the city, would you? 

 ^
There was a lovely little pond with lots of birdlife hovering around it. 

 ^
The Light Pyramid I mentioned earlier. There is a lot of street art in Milton Keynes. 

 ^
The water feature at the entrance to Campbell Park. It had been raining so much that there was more water on the pathways than the in the fountain!

 ^
The pond was beautiful.

Over Easter I will be out and about with a GPS getting the coordinates for street furniture e.g. benches, signposts, kissing gates, cattle grids and more and then plotting those points on a big mapping database that the Trust uses for management of all it's owned property. It snowed the first day back here in MK so hopefully the sun will come out soon and it'll be nicer to walk around outside for long periods!  

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday.

Tasha
xxx

5 comments:

  1. We actually have snow here in KY this morning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Parks Trust is a pretty good thing to be working for. Especially when you have such pretty sights :) Although it's true the snow is burying them all right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolly good for you getting such a great placement! I hope you enjoy it! Milton Keynes looks lovely with all that green! I've only ever seen it at night!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pond is so sweet! hope you have a lovely long weekend! I'm so excited that there are two more days left to go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha