16/04/2013

And the sun - go on

My title is taken from the Emily Dickinson poem, Rest at Night because I love the cosy nights in and the frosty afternoon walks of Autumn and Winter as much as anyone else but I have to be frank with you weather  -I cannot wait a moment longer until I can wear my sunglasses without worrying if it's acceptably sunny enough, to revise in the back garden and most of all for the Summer holiday feeling we all get when the sun is out! And finally it is here! 

I think I speak for most people when I say I'm glad with the warmer weather we've been having recently - gone are my lounge socks and my comforter and welcome open windows and bare feet in the morning. Ah, I'm so glad it's getting warm again. It won't be long before it's barbecue's in the garden and Pimm's in the afternoon, especially when my five assignments and two exams are all done and dusted come the end of May. 

I'm also back in Bath now for my final term and have finished my placement with The Park's Trust which was brilliant fun and I got to see so much more of Milton Keynes than I thought there was. It's such a nice town and I don't understand why it gets such a bad reputation when there are some truly lovely places there.



These pretty flowers are blooming in our back garden here in Bath which is a welcome change to the frost. 



The lovely  and sparkly River Ouse at Waterhall Park.


Me enjoying the sun on the way back to Bath.



My last morning in Milton Keynes before the Summer term began.



And me enjoying the Peace Pagoda in the rain - it was sunny only as I was coming back to university - pfft!

I hope everyone's enjoying the warmer weather and here's hoping it'll stay this way now.

Tasha 
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos lady, I'm resting my hopes on some decent weather from here on out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, still crap weather here too I fear, and a pfft I will give as well haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it lovely to see Spring playing peekaboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear you are having some warmer weather. Love your photos, the flowers are such a pretty colour. Yes please send me another letter. I don't know why I haven't got the other one. I actually moved house 4 months ago so I will have to give you my new address. Can you give me your email again and I'll send you my new address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of those weirdos that is not ready for summer :) I love fall and winter too much haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post :) Thanks for commenting , and visit me too!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice~!!! Counting down huh ... must be excited. Savannah has a rather bi-polar weather pattern. Right now its cold and rainy ... earlier today I almost blew away because the wind was so intense!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha