04/09/2013

Change

Change is an odd thing. At times fun and exciting it can also be sad and scary, particularly when you don't exactly know where you're headed next. These next few months are going to be full of change for me, both in academic terms, financial, mental and personal ones and it's left me feeling both excited and anxious for the future. It's times like this that I have to remind myself that not everything is set in stone and that it's ok to feel a little wary of something new. Often I surprise myself and end up relaxing straight into the new thing I've been worrying about for weeks but for the time being it does weigh on my mind. 

Having said that I continue to remain optimistic about the future, keeping my positive outlook on life firmly in place and enjoying the rest of the Summer holidays before my third and final year begins at university and a few other big life-changing things occur too. It's almost like therapy having a blog as it is so much easier to get everything out onto the draft post rather than holding it all in and whenever I look back at previous comments from other people it does soothe a little knowing that there are others out there going through similar processes who have come out the other side fighting fit and happy, so thank you! 

I hope my letters which I posted about a week ago have all reached my pen-pals by now who I've kept waiting for far too long! I do apologise but it is always lovely to wake up to a letter from a friend as opposed to one from the bank! 

In the meantime I hope you enjoy these photos of the one little penguin who took a dip on the very hot day we were at Woburn Safari Park. And the water wasn't luminous yellow as it appears but I think the lighting on my camera must be why this happened!


I should be more like this guy and just float on through!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. That little penguin is adorable!
    Change is always daunting but very exciting, too. It's good to push the boundaries and realise just how capable you really are. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little guy! Change is both scary but opportunities await:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries, Tasha. You'll be just fine in new beginnings and changes.
    The unexpected can be an exciting journey. Enjoy the moment!
    That yellow water makes the picture extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the penguin. Change is an inevitable part of life my friend...and it's GOOD. We sometimes get so caught up in the routine of our lives that we view change negatively, when in fact it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be fine over the next few months - things are definitely all change but you'll do just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw penguins!
    Good luck with your 3rd year. I enjoyed my last year the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate to this; discussing such topics on our blogs is definitely beneficial. I hope it continues to help you and I know you will continue to inspire others. I can’t believe it is your last year of university. I remember when you started and that really does seem like only yesterday. I find change extremely scary and I cannot stand uncertainty, and there sure is a lot of uncertainty in my life right now. I know with the positive attitude you have, you will continue to remain strong and great opportunities will come to you. Wishing you a lovely rest of the week. Thanks again for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute penguins ^^ i hope you stay postive! keep on smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those penguins are adorable and so happy! Enjoy your last year at uni - I miss university so much but the opportunities are endless when you leave...it's all so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I wish you the best of luck during these changes in your life. And the little penguins are so cute!

    xx.
    Stephanie | fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha