27/02/2014

A-walking we will go!

Last weekend brought with it some gorgeous winter sun so my house-mates and I set off for an afternoon stroll. There is a cycle tunnel which connects Bath and Bristol, and much to my amazement as we walked through the second tunnel, plays music half way through to keep you entertained - how brilliant is that?! 


Even during February when the air still has some chill to it, the sun managed to poke through and warm the planet. I've always loved the way that trees, even completely bare with no leaves, still manage to look beautiful in the sun's glare. I'll always be fascinated by the natural world.



Some of the trees look like spindly hands reaching up to the sky. Very eerie and pretty at the same time. There were lots of fluffy clouds about this day as well - one of my favourites past-times - a bit of cloud-spotting! 



I loved how bright the sun looked and the warmth felt amazing - especially after a couple of very chilly days filled with lots of rain. 



This little bridge reminded me of a similar one which supports the railway line near to my house back home. It's funny how something small can bring back lots of memories. The people cycling, running and walking on the pathway were all really friendly and many of them nodded and said hello as they came past, which is always nice.

I hope everyone is having a lovely week and I'm sorry if you haven't been able to find my blog recently - I've given it a new name and make-over!

Tasha
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love what you've done with the blog! That sunlight and those bare trees are glorious. That little bridge is sweet, it's funny how little things can trigger so much indeed. Thanks for the lovely stroll:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice blog there. Thanks for visiting By Stargoose And Hanglands. I don't know if you've come across 'The Cloudspotters Guide' by Gavin Pretor-Pinney which is full of information and wacky ideas about clouds. In the Alps they speak about a 'Hello Contour', a height above which everybody says hello to you; you could probably map that as distance from the nearest car-park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your walk looks wonderful. The scenery is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha