07/08/2014

Into the Deep, Dark Woods

Whinlatter Pass and the forests which surround it were a cool retreat from the heatwave we had a few weeks back. Heading into the shade of the trees, my family and I hiked along the Comb Beck Trail at Whinlatter Forest, where many of the paths turned into shadowy dirt tracks which seemed to have been plucked from a fairy tail! The views were amazing from the highest vantage points at the start of the walk, allowing you to look out over the pine trees. I felt on top of the world!



The height of the trees and the little sunlight which was able to filter through made it magical.



There was a slight breeze and with the trees being so tall you could hear the wood creaking as they swayed which was both comforting and a little eerie! I wouldn't have liked to have been alone here at night! 


The views were amazing and I highly recommend going here if you ever find yourself in the Lakes :)

I was also very lucky to spot a beautiful Red Admiral butterfly too!



I hope you're all well!

Tasha
xxx


3 comments:

  1. So pretty, my favourite picture is definitely looking up at the tall trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos Natasha!! I just saw this blog on your FB. Your blog has not shown up on my feed for a long time - I thought you had stopped blogging. I noticed I was still following though. So I unfollowed and immediately re-followed. I read that sometimes does the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photos!! Love your nature pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha