12/09/2014

By the Mountains and the Lakes at Wastwater

The roads into Wasdale Head twist and turn along scenic routes flanked by impressive hills and mountains, which is beautiful enough, until you turn the corner and come face to face with Wastwater. 




Amazing sunny views on the drive to Wastwater.



The gorgeous view across Wastwater. I love the scree slopes along the mountain in the distance. Scafell Pike is not far at all from here, and there's a beautiful drive through the trees to reach a hostel at the end of the road for any walkers. One day I need to come here and tackle the pike!



The mountains which line the roads make you feel like you're heading into a fantasy world at certain points, with stunning views as the sun hits the peaks. I love all of the ferns which grow along the verges too, the sight of all the green is really calming to the soul. 




Driving alongside Wastwater - the reflection of the sun on the surface was dazzling. My phone camera probably doesn't do it justice, but I need to get a new camera as I dropped mine and destroyed it, so I am putting my Nokia to good use until then! 


I really like the shadows of the clouds on the mountains in this one, and you can see the shoreline of the lake here. Perfect spot for a picnic. 


And another one - it was so tempting to take my walkers off and dip my feet in but this was a drive-by photo opportunity as my Mum and brother were waiting in the car! I'll come back, I know I will, and then it's shoes off and feet in the water! 



And that gorgeous sun again and cloud appreciation photo, of course! Looks a little like a giant hand holding the sun like a jewel. Beautiful! 


Hoping you're all having a lovely week!

Tasha
xxx



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I've never been to the Lake District but there are so many places I want to see there and walks I'd like to do. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious. As if my wanderlust wasn't already pestering me on a daily basis--thoughts of the images in this post will surely enhance it from here on it. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your photos captivate the soul. You have such a gift Natasha!! We appreciate you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your photos are stunning. It looks so beautiful and tranquil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sun in these photos, it's so so huge! I do love the photos of the clouds on the mountains, really beautiful!
    Hope you get to go back and explore some more.

    We don't really have mountains in Belgium, at all. It's flat, very very flat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing scenic shots Tasha.
    I do hope you have a UV filter on your camera lens and are not looking directly into the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such Amazing photos and on a phone too!!! I love the lakes!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I'm loving the jewel in hand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha