03/12/2014

Winter Crafting

These past few days I've been trying to get my creative bug back by making paper snowflakes. I also tried my hand at creating a pom pom and an origami tulip!


 A few of them turned out far better than some of the others but overall I'm really pleased with all the different patterns. Pinterest has been very helpful with tutorials and designs to draw onto paper, so I've been having fun welcoming December in with some crafting and I don't know about you but whenever I make paper snowflakes it takes me right back to primary school and the craft afternoons/days you'd get to have as the Christmas holidays rolled around!



I found a short video on YouTube showing you how to make origami tulips, which you can find here, and I had a lot of fun making this, and was even requested by my Mum to make one for her. They're really simple to make, even if you've never attempted origami like me before, so if you're looking for something fun to do one wintry evening, check out the link above. 


 And I got a load of yarn a while back with a crafting magazine and hadn't gotten round to using it until I went looking for some instructions on how to make pom poms, and I didn't realise how easy it was! So after wrapping yarn round and around my finger, attaching another piece underneath and typing the whole thing together, it was done! I got the instructions from this DIY video here, which also features a few other projects for creating your own keychains. 




Aside from crafting I've been decorating my room for Christmas, which involved me setting up my decorations around my room to make my own little grotto, and this is my current favourite decoration which my grandparents got me a few years ago - snowmen always make me smile, and it's got a snow-globe effect with my name on - ticking all the boxes on the decorations front! It's a time, just like Halloween, when I can indulge my inner child and put fun things around my room. 


Walking each day is turning out to be a new habit for me too - I keep walking along the river and taking photos of the ducks and swans so I have a lot more posts planned of photos I've been taking - today's walk left me very smiley as the clouds were reflected on the water, as I hope you can see behind me in the photo above. I also wanted to say a big thank you to all the lovely comments I've been getting on my recent posts - I'm glad that you like my photos and that they've been bringing a smile to your face, that's all I could ask for and why I started blogging in the first place - spreading the joy!

Hope you're all well and looking forward to Christmas!

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. A cheerful little post indeed! I'm very lucky in that I work with children so get to do all sorts of things usually considered the preserve of the young; only yesterday I went to a panto. With a bit of luck I'll be making a snowman or two before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post, wish I could do it, thanks Tasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey! Can't wait to make some snow flakes :) And I have the same ornament as you!! Well mine says Danielle and is a tree but it's the same type haha. I want a snow man one. :P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! Even though I work with children, I haven't made paper snowflakes for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulip is great and the snowflakes are making me think I ought to fold some paper and start snipping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, the craft gene passed me by ... but that's why I SO admire anyone who can actually make this stuff! Of course the RED pompon is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snow-flakes are beautiful!!! I am not very good at making them! The tulip is pretty impressive too! Do you know, I have just never been able to fathom how to make pom-poms- I always get them wrong!
    Love the clouds!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha