02/01/2015

Adventures Await; Thank You 2014!

2014 was an exciting year for me, with lots of new beginnings and some very bitter-sweet moments in terms of moving and saying goodbye to places which had become so ingrained in my life I couldn't imagine them not being in my world, but as with all good things they must come to an end and 2015 holds just as many new adventures and experiences, so I wish you all, all of the best in the following year and a big thank you to all of you who have been reading and keeping up with me through my little blog - thank you!


I finished university and said goodbye to this beautiful campus for the last time in the Summer - though I'm sure a reunion won't be far off!


I graduated! This is me with my Dad outside of Bath's stunning Abbey. I left Bath Spa with a 2.1 in Applied Geographical Sciences - very proud of my achievement!


And I moved! 
I said goodbye to Milton Keynes, this photo was taken down by the local lake. MK had been my home for the past 15 years and I welcomed the Lake District as my second base to start my post-graduate life off with BUT who knows where I will end up in 2015 - maybe I'll move again - all part of the adventure!


Lovely sunny skies from our student house in Bath back in the Summer.

Moving to a new place was difficult at first. I was immediately worried about a lot of different things but my friends have been amazing and I'm sure there are many overdue meetups to come in the next few months where I can reconnect with everyone face to face and catch up with all of my friends, so it's an adventure to look forward to, and that's how I want to treat 2015 - as an adventure. Graduating too meant that I was no longer a student and had to become serious in my quest for that ever elusive job, and while that has been difficult and at time a little frustrating, I am confident that the right one will come along soon. 


The latest zebra foal at the Lake District Wildlife Park in 2014 on my 24th birthday.

I spend a lot of time worrying about things and I wanted to go into 2015 with a clear, positive mind. I want to be in a zen state and live in the present, instead of worrying about what tomorrow may bring because it's a real time suck and just makes me feel ill. So that's my resolution - more adventure, less worrying, more fun and less stress. I wanted it to be something which I know I need to practice and work around, but it's something which once I've cracked, will be so beneficial overall.


This orange sunset was the first sunset we had in the Lake District. 

I went back to the beach just before New Year's Eve and was able to capture some sun down by the shore, and the calm of the waves was my inspiration for this year's resolution - no more letting anxiety run my life, and I hope you all find some inspiration in that too, especially if you've had a difficult year or things have been hard - be kind to yourself.


What are your resolutions, if you made any at all?

I hope you've all had a wonderful break over the holiday period and are rejuvenated and ready to get back into 2015 with full force!

Tasha
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Congrats on your 2:1 :) I finish my PhD this year and I'm very nervous about moving, I'm not sure I'd mind the Lake District too much though- it's very pretty :) I hope 2015 is good for you and is filled with wonderful adventures. I think I'm just about ready to start back at work again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures AND resolutions! I remember the job anxiety, it is v hard at first. Give yourself a break.over it. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations on your 2:1 What an archievement! I don't really do resolutions but I've decided to try and get out and about and adventure more on 2015, these pictures make me want to go out now, though probably not the best idea given its 1am currently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasha! I feel like I've watched you grow up! ;)
    Congrats on graduation and moving on. Your destination is a mystery but a fabulously fun one!
    Wherever you end up is where you're suppose to be.
    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I really appreciate that!
    Cheers, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tasha, for your nice comments on our blog. Much appreciated. I wish you the very best in the coming year and hope you find the job of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like 2014 had a lot of great times and achievements for you! Congratulations on your graduation! I'm sure the coming year will bring with it all sorts of fun times (and hopefully a job that you find enjoyable and fulfilling!!). Thanks so much for joining my new blog - I did disappear from the blogging world for a long time - I had a period of really not being that happy with how I looked and it made the whole fashion blogging thing really become a chore. Photography however is something joyful for me so in terms of resolutions mine was to focus more on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tasha, big congrats on your results and also on your wonderfully positive outlook for 2015, I see many adventures ahead for you but you know what, take it in your own time, things will happen if they're meant to, don't stress if they don't just enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a year it has been. I am so proud of you graduating, when I saw that photo I felt so happy because I have watched your journey through university. Changes can bring on so many emotions for sure, it really is a big deal. Thanks for all your posts in 2014. They are beautiful and it makes me want to take my camera around more with me in daily life to capture moments. I wish you all the best for 2015, what are you planning to do job wise?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Tasha!
    You are so lucky to in the Lake district, me and my best friend had a camping trip there in the summer and I fell in love. It's breathtakingly beautiful!
    I have graduated a year an a half ago and so 2014 was a year of transition for me too. It's not easy is it?! I am sure you will find the right job soon :)

    Best wishes, Dei xx

    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't made any resolutions, but I'm always trying to do something - like get up earlier every day, make healthier eating choices... the usual things! I hope 2015 is a great year for you and brings lots of positive and exciting opportunities your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha