14/01/2015

The Me Time Tag

The lovely Jessica from Kaleidoscopes & Polka Dots tagged me in the Me Time tag which was a good thing to do as one of my resolutions/things I wanted to achieve in 2015 was making sure I relax properly, and by properly I mean making sure I am relaxing and not just sitting in front of the laptop with about 100 tabs open! So here are my answers and make sure to check out Jessica's blog, it's full of lovely posts.


One of the main things I do to relax is draw and write, it always works!

1. What do you watch or read during me time?

I like to watch animated films and cartoons like Adventure Time, Spongebob Squarepants and Disney and Pixar films when I'm truly relaxing, or any type of period drama or easygoing romantic comedy. Adventure Time is my favourite one as it's completely mad and I love all the different colours and crazy characters. The episodes are so short and fun, they're perfect for when you just want to switch off and laugh, as they're not taxing but vivid and imaginative enough to keep you interested and great for a big kid like me! I'm a big Lumpy Space Princess fan!


Oh my glob!

2. What do you wear during me time?

Something comfortable. Whether it's leggings and a dress or my pyjamas it has to be soft and comfy and during the winter I huddle up on the sofa with my blanket and a cup of tea to keep warm. 

3. What are your favourite me time beauty products?

I love the Montagne Jeunesse face masks, especially the hot spring sauna and dead sea minerals ones - the heat is really comforting, especially in the winter and they've been really good for my skin. I love the fact that they're vegetarian and don't test on animals - to my knowledge - as I'm trying to switch to completely 100% cruelty free products.

4. Current favourite nail polish?

The one I've been wearing most recently is Ciaté's Pocket Money which is this shade. I believe that Ciate are found on cruelty free lists but I'm not sure if all of their products are 100% vegan so I will need to double check, if you are looking for only vegan products. The shade is a pale pink and it's a nice everyday shade, which was fine for me today as I had an interview so it's great for things like that and works well alongside other colours if, like me, you like to do different colour combinations. 

5. What do you eat or drink during me time?

Tea if it's a cold day and some biscuits, or my favourite - Dr Pepper and maybe a few cheeky treats like skittles - the mixed up ones are my favourites! I also love dipping tortilla chips into hummus or anything for that matter into hummus - just hummus!

6. Current favourite candle?


Before my blueberry one came along I was finishing up this cute little elephant one from my friend Polly.

My Mum bought me a blueberry soy candle from the local pharmacy so I have just been burning that on and off over the past few weeks - makes my room smell lovely and it's really comforting reading my book next to the glow of the candlelight. One of my favourite winter pastimes -  as well as burning incense!

7. Do you ever have outdoor me time?


The bank of the river.

Yes. I try and go for a walk at least each day which is very therapeutic. I put my headphones on and walk for about half an hour to an hour along the river which is really good as being active and being outside is really good for me both physically and mentally, even during the winter months, and you can do it anywhere you live and it's free and accessible so I always take advantage of that.

8. Would you ever go see a movie alone?

Yes I would. I haven't done it yet but apparently it's meant to be great because you can just concentrate on your own experience and not worry about anyone else. I need to experience this as I've only ever been to see a film with friends or family, so maybe in 2015 I'll finally see a film on my own at the cinema!

9. Favourite online shop?

It has to be Etsy. I could spend all my money and already spend too much time scrolling through all the amazing things that people have made or found. Etsy is just too good!

10. Anything else to add? What do you during me time?


My attempt at Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon.

I love yoga as it focuses on the breath and the movement and meditation is very helpful. I love listening to nature sounds with soft music and just sitting quietly for about 20 minutes - it's really helpful, especially if like me you can suffer with anxiety and stress. I discovered meditation and yoga when I was diagnosed with depression and used them to overcome that situation - yoga I still do a lot but I need to meditate more often. 


I love orgiami.

I also spend a lot of time listening to music while writing or drawing or having a go at origami - my little paper whale is above -  and this is my current favourite - it's very summery which can be great fun to listen to tropical sounding sounds in the depth of winter - give it a try it's an instant mood lifter!


This is my current favourite track.

I'm going to tag my lovely friend Immy - who recently started a blog of her own over here - please go and check it out and say hello, she's been writing some brilliantly funny posts.

Hope you're all well!

Tasha
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Aw I really enjoyed reading this, tags are so fun to get to know more about people and it's lovely to see the things we have in common!

    How cool that you're into origami too :)

    Best wishes, Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers Tasha!!! Very random questions too, so more interesting!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! We have quite a few things in common! (How good is Adventure time!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh meditation...how is it that it feels so good when we get around to it, but don't make enough time for it!? I too love to meditate...although I have to say I've only done it a hand full of times for the same reasons as you. It helps keep me balanced!

    I totally agree, going out for a walk is great for the mind and physique. I love enjoying the outdoors via short stints. Camping on the other hand, is totally out of the question for me...don't judge me...

    I have so much more to say but I don't want to post a comment as long as your post--which is so lovely! Cartoons, music and art--yes-yes-yes!!

    xx
    Jessica
    http://www.kaleidoscopesandpolkadots.co/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh meditation...how is it that it feels so good when we get around to it, but don't make enough time for it!? I too love to meditate...although I have to say I've only done it a hand full of times for the same reasons as you. It helps keep me balanced!

    I totally agree, going out for a walk is great for the mind and physique. I love enjoying the outdoors via short stints. Camping on the other hand, is totally out of the question for me...don't judge me...

    I have so much more to say but I don't want to post a comment as long as your post--which is so lovely! Cartoons, music and art--yes-yes-yes!!

    xx
    Jessica
    http://www.kaleidoscopesandpolkadots.co/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha