26/04/2015

Lakes, Rivers and a Heron too.

 Last weekend the sun was high in the sky, the birds were singing and the breeze was warm, so it felt a shame to pass up the opportunity not to take a journey out of town and find a lake to walk around for the afternoon! 


Along by Thirlmere, these blue waters were lapping gently against the bank and the mountains in the distance brought a smile to my face. Though the surrounding trees were looking bare, there were plenty of buds just waiting to bloom into colour, so hopefully when May is here (which isn't long now - time is flying!) the lakeside should be dotted around with colour, which I am thoroughly looking forward to!


The mountains up in Newland's Valley had lost their reddish autumnal hue and are now bathed in mossy greens with the Moss Beck waterfall flush with clear water.



Coming round to find Buttermere glittering with sunshine upon the surface of the water was a lovely sight on a Saturday afternoon and already the area is getting busy with walkers and cyclists. 


In the evening the sky was awash with fluffy clouds and the birds were singing away outside.


This week the weather has been just as glorious and the sights along the Derwent were pretty indeed. Dogs and their owners were everywhere enjoying the heat of the day and splashing around in the river, which was very cute to watch! 


It felt like the height of summer as I walked up into town and across the river, and it has got me in a very summery mood for the months ahead!


While it isn't the best of photos, this Heron was watching the river intensely and I couldn't just leave without attempting to get a photo! 



I hope that you're all doing well and finding your happy place now that summer is on the horizon!

Hope you're all well and as always, thank you for reading!
Have you visited the Lakes recently? What's your favourite lake in Cumbria to visit?

Tasha
xxx

13 comments:

  1. I liked Lake Crummock Water, it was so lovely. Your photos are beautiful, the glistening on the water is enchanting. I really hope to make it over to the lakes in the summer, we couldn't this time because my father in law wasn't very well!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great spotting of the Heron and I love the light reflecting off Buttermere - sounds and looks like a lovely spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Tasha. I love The Lakes :) My favourite lake to visit is Coniston :)

    Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go somewhere like that, looks super lovely. I really need to start doing more with my weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely walk! Even though it's not the best photo (although it looks plenty good to me), it's still a good shot of the heron, it's not very often I spot one in the wild here, but then again, we're not around too many lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! Glad to hear your are feeling positive and things are looking up :) Have you some irons in the fire regarding work?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blues and I like the portrait of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place for a stroll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lovely,hope you are well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these photos. It's so beautiful where you are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely, the sun on the water is stunning, beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Thats a good' article, i usually amazed with' this thing, i asked myself about this opinion, I wish You'll a better articles that can make another people impressive..don't make the article feel rigit and isn't interesting and poor, i like to read this' article and i think this is "good".thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha