30/05/2015

If you go down to the woods today...

It's reached that time of year again where the sun doesn't go down until around ten o'clock and I have been using the extra few hours of light to my advantage, wandering along down to the river and the woods, only to be greeted by carpets of red and white campion, swifts and swallows dancing through the sky and a cool breeze on the air.


I found these beautiful white campion's along by the river, with this little mayfly (I think!). I've never seen a fly like it before, it had a clear lower body and a darker head - any insect experts out there, your ID would be very welcome! 


The lanes are bordered now by all of this Cow Parsley. It's lovely, and it's attracting hundreds of pretty bees, insects and birds.


Some of the lambs are so much bigger now, but still as curious.


Glorious sunshine beating down on the fields.


I found this beautiful coral coloured poppy while out as well, I love seeing all of the different colours as the flowers begin to bloom. 


I went and sat by the river for a while because as you can see, the sun was beaming down onto the surface of the water and it was so quiet, except for the sound of the rushing water and the birds above.


As I wandered furthered along, there were swifts and swallows flitting along the river.


Lovely dappled sunlight.


A new friendly face. These cows were very friendly and this one in particular came over to the fence for a closer look.


I love the colours in the clouds here. Lots of different shades of blue, and the sun peeking over the tops of those trees makes me smile. It is the perfect weather for walking right now!


And of course, more curious little lambs.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous shot of the cow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos make me long for the countryside, even though I get hayfever and am generally a city girl.

    Lisa | Not Quite Enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these photos are beautiful. We have been in Devon all week and I am so sad at the thought of going home to surburban mundane life!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, it must be nice to have all this on your doorstep! We have a bit of countryside, but it's mainly open fields - still good, but definitely lacking in sheep and cows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much love for poppies, I know they spread like weeds and are totally invasive but you gotta love how bright and cheerful they are! Small country lanes surrounded and crowded with wild flowers takes me right back to my countryside days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures of the lambs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice that the day got so much longer, but it would so much better if only it was warmer already :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful and you sure capture nature's beauty wonderfully! I am so happy that the sun is out later too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a fly like that either - not those colours...wonder what it is?! If I find out I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous series of photos - that lake looks like a great spot to relax at the end of the day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this kind of weather calls for long walks after dinner - if only I had views like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of amazing pictures! I am in love with the sheep and lambs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha