21/05/2015

It's the Little Things

Happiness is an often fleeting thing, and sometimes I find that the tiniest little shock can unbalance me from my own happy moments, and when coupled up with the bigger losses in life, it can sometimes seem like the world is against you, rather than for you. Being an optimist for me means that even in the most dire of situations, things can get better and there is always hope but even I sometimes struggle with that notion. So recently I have been trying to appreciate the little things. A moment. A gift. A letter. A song. A film. A book; anything to lift me and remind me to keep going and keep persevering, even in times of hardship and stress, and lately these are the little things that have been making me smile!


Sunshine streaming in through my windows and bathing the carpet in golden light.


Fresh duck eggs from a local farm, with teal coloured shells.


This beautiful rose quartz ring, which comes from the wonderful Kerri from Quirky Koala's Etsy store - Juniper Galaxies. Go and check it out if you love gemstones and beautiful jewellery!


Enjoying the view.


Grabbing my rucksack, which was a birthday gift from my wonderful friend Immy - whose blog you can find here - and heading out for a stroll in the sunshine.


These winding country lanes.


One of my favourite soundtracks and films, and this particular piece of music is one of my favourites for walking - it always makes me feel like I've been transported to another world!


Books, books and more books. I picked up The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper and The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black; who is one of my favourite authors! She tends to write dark fantasy novels with lots of folklore interwoven into the story - definitely check her out! 


My good friend Vickie sent me a couple of her old geography magazines and I was happily geeking out while reading about amazing aerial photography amongst other things. Even though university is over, I'll never stop being a curious geography geek!


Pinbadges from the RSPB. I got this little one a while ago from Whinlatter Forest, and these always make me smile. They cost £1.00 each and the money goes straight to the RSPB and any of their current projects. This is currently my favourite one, a Garden Tiger Moth, and I've started to build a mini collection since starting university back in 2011! 


Gemstones will always make me smile.

From Top with the large white and green stone, going clockwise, these are:

Green Tree Agate, Botswana Pink Agate, Ocean Jasper, Picture Kalahari, Malachite, Snake Jasper, Sunstone and Leopard Jasper. 


The BBC's new Shark series is absolutely stunning and I've always been fascinated by the ocean and all of the amazing creatures that call it home, especially the Giant Manta Rays. The last episode is on tonight at 9pm and it is the BBC's nature documentary team at their best. Also I highly recommend the new Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell series which just started last Sunday - I desperately need to read the book but first episode in and I am already hooked!


Origami! These little bunnies are very cute, and if you want to make your own, this tutorial is the simplest one and her channel is full of quick crafts! 


And if all else fails - sit with your soot sprite and re-watch any Hiyao Miyazaki you can get your hands on!

Hope you're all well!

Tasha
xxx

23 comments:

  1. Can I please come and live where you are? I swear, your photos are the most beautiful things! I love this post, and all of the positivity! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things usually are the big ones that matter! You have a beautiful soul, dear :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lovely positive person!All of these are beautiful things to log!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view and lanes are lovely. Is that near where you live?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't beat a little bit of sunshine and a little bit of walking, only with a lot of sunshine and a lot of walking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photography skills are incredible. Your camera quality is amazing! I recently wrote a small blog post on Growing Up an I think you would enjoy it.
    Lots of love,
    Rainee Days

    http://www.raineedaysx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog :)
    have a great weekend!
    kisses:)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE gemstones! I still have a few and I wear them on ( on? no idea XD) my necklace. I forgot about them so I am going to try and wear them more! & the view is absolutely amazing! I enjoy sunshine streaming through my windows in the morning as well !! I love it :D
    Such a great post and a reminder to pay attention to little things that lights up my day even when I'm under stress.
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fresh duck eggs are so lovely. My parents had a gardener over to do some work last week and he brought over blue eggs from his farm in a wicker basket - I just can't get over how cute of a gesture that was! Have a lovely weekend :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an eye for photography! These photos are beautiful. <3 Thanks so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment for me, too! Much appreciated!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of Holly Black - thanks for the recommendation! I've loved Shark too - haven't watched the latest one yet though as I've been a bit unwell (just end of half term tiredness and feeling run down!) and very busy! I think you do well to stay so positive - that's something I'm not good at!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It certainly is the little things that can really make a difference--love how you've highlighted little things that make you happy here!!

    I hope everything's okay and that you know you bring great joy with your pictures to many of us (It's the little things. For me these include browsing through your amazing images.)

    Just looked up Holly Black. I'm amazed that I haven't heard of her before. Yes, her work seems a bit dark. Will give it a go though!

    xoxo
    Jessica
    Kaleidoscopes & Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little disappointed in myself taking so long to comment on this (I read it like a week ago on my phone but cant comment on there) but it is one of my favorite posts ever, ever, ever.
    Beautifully written and of course gorgeous photos. It's so nice to know someone else who appreciates the little things in life.

    Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great collection of photos! That ring is gorgeous and the shot of the road? Amazing.

    I'd love to have you join my Photo Friday link up - there are some great photographers sharing amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that ring Natasha!! I have a very similar one, but mines has sillver detail along the sides. Also where did you get the soot sprite from??? It has instantly put me in the mood to watch My Neighbour Totoro!! :)

    Lovely post xx

    Deimante

    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my fave posts EVER!!! It's so lovely to appreciate the little things, and posts like this remind me how important that is!
    Plus your photos are absolutely STUNNING. I hope I can reach your level some day! <3
    Jemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos, especially the sunshine coming through the window and the two beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a positive and beautifully written post. So gorgeous pics. Its such a beautiful place where you live <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post! I definitely like to appreciate the little things in life, like a cup of tea at my parents' or singing along to a song in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely heart felt post. Always good to remind ourselves of the little things that bring us pleasure, thank you for sharing some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a beautiful life, every bit is lovely, thanks Tasha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super post Tasha.. looking for the simp!e little positives, and there are so many of them, is the only way to go. Enjoyed your pictorial happy moments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha