09/05/2015

Sunshine Valleys

With the oncoming warmer months and the hot weather returning to brighten up May, the valleys have been lighting up with fresh green grass, wild-flowers and adorable lambs, which have taken over the surrounding fields!


The mountain roads which wend their way across the Newland's Pass are becoming filled with weekend walkers and cyclists as the sunshine season seems to be in full swing and it's not difficult to see why! I love the yellow burst of colour from the Gorse bushes too, it's such a pretty flower.


There were lots of Herdwick sheep which had clambered up to the tops of these hills and all I could see from below were little tufts of wool or a tell-tale white ear as we drove by. I always love seeing these little stone steps which have been built into the rugged landscape too, and as you can see, there are no shortages of trails to go and discover! 


Continuing on from Newland's Pass, my family and I took a different route to find Honister Pass and found this sweet mountain stream along the way. Pied Wagtails were flitting along the banks and I loved how clear the water looked. You could see all the different coloured pebbles along the river bed. 


This pair of ducks were enjoying the sun as I walked along the stream - they both looked so sweet sat down together. 


There was still a little bit of mountain mist in the distance, but the skies were blue and the clouds were puffy and white and while the trees were only just beginning to show their buds off, it won't be long before they're vibrant and green again.

 

This beautiful cockerel was strutting about along the roadside and stopped to pose for me! I really want to find out what kind of breed this is. I love all the different colours in his feathers. There was a hen nearby who was a darker brown but she was a bit more nervous about being on camera. 


I can't wait to see this area in summer again when all of the leaves are back on the trees.


Signs are handy stratching-posts for the Swaledale sheep I've noticed! 

And then it was back home to enjoy the sunset which was a lovely orange shade - I've seen a couple of those this last week and each morning the weather has been even nicer than the day before. Since then the rains have returned but there have been lovely bursts of sunshine in-between so I'm looking forward to summer and having those sultry evenings free for slow walks again and sitting in the garden with a good book and a drink and enjoying life!

Hope you're all well!

Tasha
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tasha! Ah, what a lovely route to take- the river is SO clear, really shining and rippling. I'd have loved a walk in the lakes today- SO sunny and gorgeous but I had an equally lovely day outside doing gardening with my Mum! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me a lot of Dartmoor! Looks like a lovely place for a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Tasha! All of your images are amazing!! Love all of them.

    xoxo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to walk :)

    Could your cockerel be an Old English Game? I'm not sure? Google it and see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful landscape shots, particularly the image of the cloud slowly sliding down the mountain. Fantastic!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha