26/06/2015

Little Petals

This week's Photo Friday is a less picture heavy due to a flu virus I've been battling all week and actually came about unexpectedly whilst I was out exploring for my 30 Days Wild.


I've been enamoured with this little flowers ever since they started blooming in May and now the wall is covered in these little pink and white blooms. From the ID-ing I've been doing they look very similar to Saxifraga umbrosa but my botany skills aren't that good so if there is anyone who knows the correct ID or you're a keen gardener and have these, then let me know!


They remind me of little stars because of the shape of the petals and the stamen and I love the pink colour of the stems.

I'm linking up again with Jen this week for Photo Friday so feel free to go across and take a look at the other posts.


Tasha
xxx


14 comments:

  1. Isn't mother Nature wonderful? So delicate, so beautiful and as you say the petals remind you of little stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'm less of a botanist than you so I have no idea of their true identity but I do know that I love them and that they look incredibly lovely against your blue sky backdrop.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an expert botanist, I can confirm that they are a pretty flower. That's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! :) Pink flowers and blue skies just go together so wonderfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos all the same! I'm sorry to hear you've been battling the flu, that's never fun - get better soon! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Tasha - I would be enamored with them too. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty Tasha! Not surprised you love them so!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo! I have no idea what they are though... I'm not too bad with wildflowers and I'm good at birds and bugs but plants.. not so good! Hope someone can help you with an ID (have you tried ispot?)

    Sorry to hear you've been ill - hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, very summery!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some gorgeous pictures! I love these pretty little pink flowers and how cool that even the stems are pink! Never seen them before!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. We get similar pink flowers in the spring here in Utah... These are such beautiful pictures, Tasha!!

    --Samantha

    http://www.BesosFromAmerica.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those little tiny blooms! I have quite the affair with big blooms - magnolias come to mind - but I also really, really love the intricacy and delicacy of the small blooms.

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again! I appreciate the support (& patience!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha