12/06/2015

Live a Colourful Life!

This week's Photo Friday link up has been inspired by my brother! He has this amazing maraca which he uses for his music, but it has the most gorgeous print and the colours are so pretty and I knew that when I saw it sitting on his chest of drawers with the sunlight reflecting off of the beads, that it was perfect for today's post.


I love the turtle print and the whole design of this maraca is just beautiful, it's so pretty, and the colours inspired me and so I went in search of some more colourful shots to brighten up this Friday!


I finally updated my chalkboard message today too and both the message and the colours make me smile; let your heart sing.



My little wooden goldfinch with his flashes of yellow and red always makes me smile - all I need now is to capture a live one with my camera! They are always flitting past my window so maybe one day soon I can get a good shot of these colourful little birds.


A slightly older photo but this hasn't been shared on the blog yet and I am finally getting back into colouring and drawing again, and once I'd doodled this little pond I knew this Emily Dickinson poem would match it perfectly. 

The writing says - 

There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields -
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!


One of my favourite poems!


A little cork boat I made - green is my favourite colour! They are the easiest thing to do, just tie a rubber band around three corks, stick a cocktail stick into the middle one and gently thread a paper triangle onto it (I just cut one out of a sheet of paper and used the cocktail stick to punch holes into it) and voila!


And last but not least - these amazing yellow flowers.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday and your weekend!
As always, check out Jen's blog here and the other amazing posts and get involved if you so wish!



Tasha
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Natasha - I love these photos! it's a beautiful glimpse into your life, which is one of the best things about these link-ups. That little bird is my favorite, I think.

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tasha,
    You are quite an artist! Would love to see more of your drawings. Love all the lovely things you are surrounded by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great colors you found! The maraca is sooo cool!! I love your little goldfinch--I saw my first one in the cow paddocks here in New Zealand and, after a lot of stealthy movement, finally got a photo of one from inside the house. There are quite a lot of them in the area which is all dairy farms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just lovely!! I love your carved goldfinch-I saw one when I was at Cutthorne (the place with the woodpeckers I posted about on Thursday) but didst manage to catch it on camera x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little wooden goldfinch that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh a boat! If I had more corks in my life I would quite happily make me some boats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha