03/08/2015

A Colourful Garden

I know I often rave about how much I love spring, especially when the first few buds on the trees begin to bloom and the roadside verges explode with colour and vitality but during the height of summer, as it is now, the sight of colourful borders and front gardens lit up with yellows, pinks, reds and oranges is always the prettiest sight and our new garden hasn't disappointed either!


These pretty purple flowers have been climbing along the fence for a while now and I love that varying purple/pink shade on each of the petals. I'm still trying to identify this one!


I love the smell of lavender and the bees do too! This is one of their favourite plants.


As is this bright, sunshine yellow flower. I believe this is Spoon Leaved Stonecrop and each day there are bees all over this! Whenever it's sunny outside this flower lights up the entire border.


I love that butter yellow shade. Reminds me of Ron's spell for Scabbers! 

Sunshine, Daisies, Butter Mellow.
Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow!

Poor Scabbers!


It's also really interesting as directly next to the spoon-leaved variety, is another stonecrop! This one, I think, is Sedum 'Marchants Best Red' and I love the shape and colour of the leaves on this one. It reminds me of a coral formation and the pink bursts are so pretty.


This is another flower I'm yet to identify, but this beautiful, candyfloss pink shade is so pretty and this is another bee favourite according to my observations so far! I love the little wispy bits which flick off of each petal too, these ones remind me of some of the neon colour plants in Avatar!

I am definitely switching across to the botanists' group at the moment! As well as my general wildlife obsession, I am becoming increasingly interested in plants and flowers! Sad I know, but I love it, and they're so pretty too.

Hope you're all having a lovely Monday!

Tasha
xxx



6 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the colours of nature! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I also love lavender. A great way to attract bees and butterflies, I also have several dried bunches around the house which not only smell lovely but seem to deter moths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too many photos of flowers! Especially pretty photos like these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo is vetch (but I couldn't tell you what kind of vetch without looking it up!) and that last photo looks the same as one I identified during on Day 42! (of 365 days wild) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiraea_japonica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a lifesaver! Thank you for these - I'm half wondering if it is Tufted Vetch. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. It's not sad! I am increasingly interested in plants and flowers too! Those yellow ones are amazing!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha