28/08/2015

Capturing Light!

This week has felt both slow and like a whirlwind in two different ways, and I've been busy just trying to enjoy having some free time, capturing the last, few summer rays before the rush of September and the slow spiral into autumn (one of my favourite times of the year - that golden brown shade of leaves is always stunning to me) and thankfully the weather has been delivering, for the most part. 


There have been many times this week where I've just sat and stared out of my window, enjoying the feel of the warm rays on my face as I do some drawing or writing - it's very comforting.


Serene skies like these, with the shadows of seagulls swooping across the horizon will always be a sight I never tire of.


My Mum has hung her wind-chimes in the window now too and whenever it's sunny outside the light catches the blue glass and sends pretty lights dancing on the ceiling. I love that tinkling sound too!


Soft, white curtains letting in the morning sunshine. It will always be my favourite way to wake up.


Hello world!


And the reflections on my mirror were too pretty not to notice against the edging of it. My Mum found this mirror for me for just a pound at a local charity shop and I love the little detail on the edges.

As always, with it being another fabulous Friday, I am linking up with Jen from Pierced Wanderings and please add your own brilliant photography and check out the other amazing links too!



Have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Our weather has been a bit lacklustre in the sunshine department, but this morning did not disappoint at all :) It's a glorious day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your light captures all have interesting composition.
    I hope to see you at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/bennett-place-bit-of-history.html, and please join us each week for Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capturing light can be a bit tricky, but you have some great shots. I like it coming through the certains :)
    Have a nice long weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know, I'm desperately trying to hang on to the last bits of the Summer. It's pretty nice in Birmingham today but it's been off and on with the rain! I'm sad it's pretty much over but I do like the Autumn too - each season definitely has it's merits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Tasha! I get your feeling of waking up to soft, natural light. I am trying to enjoy my last days of summer too. It has been very hot around here so not sure if summer is here to stay for good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about some periods of time seeming both fast and slow at the same time! I love the light captures that have stood out to you by the way, I love when something catches my eye in that way and encourages me to snap away! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the closed curtain one - it's really textured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely set of photos, Tasha! You did very nicely with this. Thank you for sharing with us at Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series is just fabulously bright! I like autumn, too, but it would be better if winter didn't follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd love the Sir John Soane museum as he was obsessed with the interplay of light in his architecture of his house. Lovely photos.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice series of photos. I especially like the second shot - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The light in late summer is some of the best - although I have to admit I'm looking forward to the golden tones of autumn now! Your mum's wind-chimes are so pretty - I love that you always seem to notice the wonderful little details in things that so many other people would overlook.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are lovely pictures. That's such a pretty wind chime and I love the photos you took of the sky. You have a great eye for details... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know exactly what you mean :) I love the summer sun rays shining through the window, just watching the light and enjoying the feeling. Especially at sunset or sunrise. Your pictures capture it beautifully. I hope you had an amazing weekend. Have a wonderful start into the new week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big fan of wind chimes/sun catchers I love your mums. Great shots as always, our changeable weather must provide never ending photo opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha