07/08/2015

Misty Mountain Moments

Last week I had to do a little bit of cross country Cumbria travelling to get to a couple of interviews, and while the weather, as you can see from my photos below, was not the sunniest, the rain and the mist leant itself to the mountains, and left the landscape looking ethereal and majestic! 

(Majestic is one of my favourite words and sometimes I think it is the only way to describe Cumbria.) 


Hungry sheep and misty mountains looming in the distance.


Sheep are always curious whenever a camera comes out.


I particularly love this one as from a distance you wouldn't be blamed for thinking this peak was a volcano!


Drip drip drop little August showers!


I love mountains, they always make journeys so much more bearable when roadside verges are backed by peaks like these.

As always, I'm linking up with Jen for Photo Friday and don't forget to check out the other amazing links and add your own!



Hope you've all had an amazing week.

Tasha
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Stunning Tasha. Really beautiful photos!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks cold! Great photos - love the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha, I am a little bit obsessed with mountains since I visited Yosemite National Park. When we were returning home we drove with the Eastern Sierra to our right. It was a stormy and rainy day (just like your pictures). Even with that type of weather, we were able to enjoy the beauty of the scene. I bet you felt the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with these mountain landscapes. :D My husband and I are hiking the Smokies this November, and I am SO EXCITED! I'm actually hoping for some gray skies and mist at least for a day or two, since I really like the moody look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you like the landscape there, it's quite rural and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are great shots. I love mountains, too and that picture you took does look like a volcano. I'm glad I found your blog today. I really enjoyed the visit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love misty photographs - great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Majestic is definitely the right word to describe these views, they are beautiful photographs!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great shots! I hope your interviews were successful. Sometimes I think cloudy weather makes for better photos. The darkness makes things interesting and changes the quality of the light.

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't get to see too many mountains here in Belgium, in face I see none... These are some lovely photos, all that mist and cloud is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! Someone else who loves the word 'majestic' haha - 'mystical' is another favourite of mine. Cumbria really is very beautiful, there's something very comforting about the rainy weather up there.. I haven't visited in about seven years and so I'm really starting to miss everything about the area.

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely. I so love cloud covered peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love these photos- I feel like I was there!X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Majestic is the perfect word for this place! The view is truly amazing! So breathtaking! I hope the interviews went well!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. I also like to see sheep, find them so interesting for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots - It must be lovely to travel through the mountains (we don't have so many of those here!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You live in and around such a beautiful part of the world, Tasha. I always love having a nosy at your photographs.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha