25/08/2015

Mountainscapes!

In my attempt to improve my drawing skills I've been trying my hand at making more realistic landscapes, and my favourites are currently, mountains! There's something majestic and a little bit mythical about mountains and all of the different crags, nooks and formations make for imaginative creations!


I love getting to grips with creating these rugged landscapes - lots and lots of shading! My trees and fields, however, are a bit more slap-dash in this one - the focus was the mountains!


This has now progressed onto lakes, fields etc.... I love getting to grips with all the different techniques but I do believe I need some proper tools. I think I should invest in some of the Derwent pencils!

As always, I am linking up with Stella from Purfylle and Sarah from Sarah Celebrates for this Two Uses Tuesday. Make sure to check out the links and add your own!


Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!

Tasha
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed by someone with artistic talents and they look great in pencil, the only way is practice really isn't it? Although I'm very willing to support your desire to buy fancy pencils any time you like though.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had even an ounce of artistic talent! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't drawn/sketched in so, so many years - I can imagine this must have been quite therapeutic to do :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly artistic. As someone who can just about manage a stick man I'd love to have your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like the new header!
    These are really great! The shading is a nice technique that suits landscapes well. I'm tempted to give this a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha