15/09/2015

Hangin' Out

I have quite a few necklaces and up until this morning I was just haphazardly hanging them anywhere and everywhere. One was draped across my mirror, the others on my wardrobe doorknob and the rest, well, hanging over my little chalkboard, obscuring my little pick-me up messages from view! It was a little bit chaotic... So, my Mum being the brilliant Mum that she is found this amazing tutorial on Pinterest here, and voilĂ ! I now have a little handmade rock shelf for my necklaces! (Let the amateur geologist in me rejoice!)



All you need is some sticky double sided wall hanging tape - Mum found this at our local B & M for 99p, and all you have to do is just cut a small strip/square off and attach to your pebbles/small rocks and position wherever you like - easy as that. 



 I think it looks great, and adds a little bit of the outside into my bedroom. All of the pebbles and rocks I used I've scavenged over the years, some from my old garden and others while beach-combing. If you don't have any though, I have seen that you can usually find small bags of pebbles or stones quite easily online, and I'm sure that craft shops would sell them too for different projects.



I might try and re-do this at some point and have the pebbles at different heights so I can hang some of my longer necklaces up, but for now I like it! 


As it is a Tuesday I am sharing this with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday and you can get involved too and add your own craft creations! Just click on Stella or Sarah and have a look at the other amazing posts.



Hope you're all well!

Tasha
xxx


9 comments:

  1. Oooh that's cute! I like it, especially the sticky tape part since I'm not allowed to screw things into my walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea Tasha!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. I have a bunch of little pebbles like this in a little bowl and I never knew what to do with them. I might try this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. I would never have thought to use rocks. I would have been stumped at how to attach them to the walls too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and what a wonderful way to display not only your necklaces but also those pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea! I might steal it ;))
    Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really, really sweet! I love the idea!!! I recognise that necklace, ha ha!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so brilliant, it kills me. I have to try this! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha