18/09/2015

Holding Onto that Summer Feeling

While September is finally upon us and the crisp promise of autumn hangs in the air, there has been a burst of sunshine here in Cumbria and with it what I suppose are going to be the last few glimpses of flowers in the garden. So I took the opportunity to enjoy them and the sunshine.


I love fuchsias, and Mum has two different types in the garden at the moment - one of which was already here when we first moved in. I love the colours on this one.


Like a burst of sunshine! 


These little blush pink flowers are so cute! I think these are a type of verbena, and while there hasn't been a lot of rain here recently (hence the soil looking a little worse for wear in these photos, but don't worry the flowers got a big drink after I took these!) I think next Spring when they start to bloom all over again the plants will look a little fuller and the border will be a bit more. 


That fuchsia bush which was already here, love the different in colour between the two flowers. That deep pink and purple is so pretty. The bees love this flower, I often see them hovering around, looking for pollen! 


As it is Friday I am linking up with the lovely Jen. You can join in and share your lovely photos too by visiting her blog!

Have a lovely weekend all!

Tasha
xxx


17 comments:

  1. It looks far loveiler up there than it does here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last of summer is right! I'm soaking up every bit of sunshine and green growing things! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, the second one is so gorgeous and summery :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with all these last flowers of summer posts! They are all so beautiful. I want to go photograph some florals now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second picture--those are sunflowers, right? I'm not so good with knowing my different flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love floral shots. They make me incredibly happy. Thank you for sharing them with us for Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun and flowers! The perfect comvination!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Like a burst of sunshine' - you're not wrong there! I also love photographing flowers.. so long as they stay still in the breeze ;) have a lovely weekend!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love flowers, and these photos are definitely up there with the most beautiful! What a gorgeous uplifting post :) Thanks Tasha.
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty. It looks like they get lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers make me very happy, there's always something to admire about them. You know, your photography just gets better and better, you've really captured the colours on the second photo. Maybe you care/wonder about this or not, but every time I get the pleasure of enjoying your photos, they are always going from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a big lover of fuchsia and it has to be said I like some varieties better than others I nevertheless love these photos. After a dismal 'summer' here in the north east I was hoping for a so-called Indian Summer - no such luck though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of my favourite colours here which makes it extra pretty. Love these pictures. I adore seeing the first blossoms of spring where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It' s a bit difficult to hold on to the summer feeling with all the rain these days.
    Pretty flowers, dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha