25/09/2015

Little Moments

Sometimes all you need is a little something to pick you up, make you smile, turn your day around and set positive thoughts in motion. Recently I've been feeling a little introspective and have been taking more notice of what I have and what I have to look forward to, in hopes of combating general anxieties and, it's been working! 

Taking notice of things that make me happy, be they nature related, a friendly comment, a re-discovered gem, something I created or just a conversation I had that made me smile or laugh, is proving to be very good medicine. I'm trying to be more grateful and reminding myself of everyday joys, and I wanted to share a few of these with you today.


I love Studio Ghibli films, and Spirited Away is no exception. I love the story, the animation and the characters and I sat down and drew No Face and the gang. While it's not completed yet - I just love No Face with his white mask, and Haku behind him! Also, general cloud spotting brought me this lovely, spiral shaped one, and I received a mystery package in the post which turned out to be a gift from my wonderful friend Char, and this adorable fox comforter was one of those surprises - just look at their little faces! 


Waking up to the sun shining through my curtains is always a winning way to start the day. Another of the gifts which Char bought me was this lovely sign, which is currently hanging on my door, to remind me not to lose my adventurous streak! 


Using some of my collected paper treasures to make some wall collages always makes me happy, and this little quote was given to my by another of my lovely friends, Livi and it always cheers me up. Another of the gifts from Char, was this adorable little sheep soap which smells just like cotton and is too cute. And finally, I've been rescuing spiders and moving them to safer places - this one was almost crushed by my bag, so it was a close call!


Clouds, both fluffy and wispy. You know me, I can never resist a good cloud photo. And finally Char also put these Body Shop treats in the package too - two little shower gels and some brand new body butter - lovely! When you get a package you weren't expecting in the post, it is the best.


Lastly, the other quote that Livi gave me when we finished uni is this one and it sits above my desk and I look at it each day and remind myself to chase the things I love.

What's been making you feel happy this week?

As always, with it being a Friday, I am linking up with the lovely and very supportive Jen and if you want to take part, just click on Jen's name and add your posts to the link-up!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Tasha
xxx

9 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to Bath & Body Works stuff...and I discovered that you can order online and get free shipping...although you can't use the coupons they always send with that. But I give you major kudos that not a single photo you posted was of food! Mine would have had chocolate, cupcakes, some wine maybe, and Mexican food!!! Now you can see why I never do well on diets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely package to have received! I love having little happies show up in the mail and it appears that you have been truly blessed!

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little things in life that give it a meaning, right :)
    I need to try that body butter from the body shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love this post and I'm pleased this has been positive for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I spy a little Pre Raphaelite in the corner of one of your photos - what a beauty! I wish I wasn't as scared of spiders - you are so lovely for moving them to safe corners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post and what a great package to receive. I need to be better at doing this. My unhappiness with my job gets me down on a daily basis and I found myself constantly thinking about (even dreaming about it)... would be better if I could find some positives in it and focus on those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I can remember the Body Shop strawberry perfume that my sister loved as a teenager. I can remember her putting it on Candy, our Yorkshire Terrier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clouds are always worth taking a photo of, they are never not beautiful. We've got a little spider living in our house, we call him Steve, he lives by the washing machine. I just leave him, he seems happy. We found one that lives by the apartments recycling bins in the basement and that dude is in a prime location for flies and other tasty treats, but my gosh he's a massive dude! I like spiders, I love watching them move :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely post and I love cloud pictures too! Also, Spirited Away was one of my favourite films growing up, although the first one I ever watched and fell in love with was My Neighbour Totoro. Studio Ghibli films are just wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha