04/09/2015

Pied Wagtails + Summer Skies

Last week I was so lucky to spot these little Pied Wagtails flitting around whilst out and about near Penrith. The day was warm and sunny and there were Swallows dancing around in the sky, but while those birds eluded my camera completely, the little Pied Wagtails were more than happy to come a little closer for an inspection of what I was doing!


I believe this is a juvenile. At first I was unsure whether it was a Pied Wagtail at all until I got home looked them up. Seeing females, fledglings or juveniles together with the adults always throws me as they can look so different from each other. This one was very curious and came ever so close.


And one of the adults. They're such sweet looking little birds and I love that hop, skip and jump they do as they wander around. There were a lot of flies and buzzing things around the flowers so I guess they were trying to catch as many as they could!


So cute!


It was a beautiful day.


I love it when you can get out in the countryside and enjoy the warm weather like this.


I love it when sunlight dapples down through tall trees like this. It's always a welcome comfort from the sun's rays when it's a really hot day.

If only you could freeze time on days like these, that would be wonderful.


As always I am linking up with the lovely Jen from Pierced Wonder for this week's Photo Friday. Make sure to check out the other amazing links and add your own!

Have a lovely weekend!

Tasha
xxx


11 comments:

  1. I was just wondering where did you go and why you haven't posted on your blog .But now I see you've been busy chasing the sun and the little birds outside :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute!! You did well to capture these little darlings.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how beautiful is that last photo. I've always loved photos of trees. Lone trees, trees without leaves, trees in their autumnal colours, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love catching the little birds, but they're so not easy flitting around so fast. You captured super shots here Natasha, nice work. Love that last shot too, almost wishing I had gone with Aimee and her dad on the hike today instead of the market :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá amiga, vim desejar-lhe um abençoado início de mês, e lindos dias
    de outono que se aproxima!
    Amei todas as imagens...lindas!

    Doce abraço Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so amazing to see your little pied wagtail, so very different from ours. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What little cuties! Fabulous captures - I always struggle to catch good shots of little birds like this... I love that last shot - really cool perspective

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! I've been trying to save up for a zoom lens so I can get some closer up photos of the wildlife. I just want to take a million and one photos of red squirrels haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful photos!! Wagtails are some of my favorite birds and they do seem to be some of the friendliest!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha