I've been nominated to take part in the 11 Things tag by the lovely Amy from Life as Amazzable who is one of my favourite bloggers, so if you get the chance, definitely head over to her blog and say hello. The tag itself consists of answering 11 questions from the previous blogger, before posing 11 more yourself and passing it on, so I think it's time to answer some questions!
1. If you had to choose one of your five senses to give up, which one would it be and why?
This is a really difficult question as it's only until you get asked something like this that you realise how important all 5 of them are! If I had to choose one, I would probably give up taste. I know that I'd never truly be able to enjoy food like I used to but to me, not being able to see, or listen to music or be able to touch and experience the world through different scents would be agonising, which is why I'm very grateful I have all of my senses, for the moment!
2. If you could speak another language, which one would you choose and why?
I studied both French and German at school and to this day I wish I'd carried on with them as I think being able to speak more than one language is an amazing skill to have, but if I think I had to choose just one language, it would probably be French as that was the language I started with and I'd love to carry it on!
3. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
This is an old drawing I did and it definitely relates to this question!
I would make myself scarce and head out to a rural area, or as rural as I could get. Currently being in the Lake District that's not too hard to achieve! I'd try to live off of the landscape as best I could and go back to basic living - which would probably be really difficult, but I believe that if this actually happened a lot of people's self preservation and survival skills would kick in and I think that when push comes to shove, people are pretty resourceful and can withstand a lot of things.
(I loved that question, by the way, Amy!)
4. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably my Mum's Thai Red Curry - it's just delicious and has that lovely balance of fragrant spices and heat, with sticky rice! So good.
5. What is the best present you have ever received?
My Mum adopted some snow leopards for me a few Christmases ago and I loved that. The fact that the main gift was going towards something worthwhile was a really nice feeling, and I got this little adoption pack with some stunning photos and updates on the leopards too.
This is the adoption pack
6. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
These questions always scare me as I'm terrified of the whole butterfly effect thing, and how one tiny alteration could lead to massive implications in the future, even just from picking a flower or something small like that! But, if I had to go back and do one thing - I would probably stop a plant, or insect or animal of some sort from going extinct - not something like a dinosaur or a mammoth as I don't know how that would play out in today's world, but something would be saved.
(I may how thought too much about this question, haha!)
7. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
I would quite like the story of my life to be animated, haha! And is it terrible that I'd like to voice myself? I've never been good at answering this question - I can never think of anyone to play me, I don't feel worthy enough! Sorry, Amy!
8. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
I haven't been very adventurous with food stuffs so far - I need to experiment more! I suppose the strangest thing, if you could call it strange, is crispy seaweed - which is absolutely delicious and if I could live off of crispy seaweed, I would.
9. What three things do you think of the most each day?
Each day I usually think or worry about working, my friends/family and there not being enough time in the day!
10. What is one thing you will never do again?
It's probably an odd way of answering this question but I never want to doubt myself again as I do it a lot and I promised myself at the beginning of 2015 I was going to stop anxiety and self-doubt from ruling my life and be a bit more confident and empowered, so I want to say I'll never doubt myself again but I'm human and there are days I still do but it's a work in progress!
When the sun is shining, I can do anything. No mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome - W. Rudolph
11. What question do you hate to answer?
It's a very mundane answer for this but I can never answer what my favourite number is! Colour, I always know, but number, not a clue. Haha! I always end up saying something like my current age! I'm lame, I know.
And my 11 questions for my tagged lovelies are:
(Feel free to interpret these however you wish!)
1. If you could be a superhero, what would your name be and what power(s) would you possess?
2. What animal are you most like?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, would you stay where you are or go somewhere else and where would you go?
4. Which character from a book, film or TV programme do you identify the most with?
5. If you had the ability go back in time, which era would you pick and why?
6. Where is your favourite place to go, currently, in the world?
7. What is your favourite/most vivid childhood memory?
8. What is your favourite photo and why?
9. If you could choose to live inside a TV/Book/Film universe which would you choose and why?
10. What is the one thing you'd wish for at this given moment?
11. If the future you sent you a short message for where you are now, what would it say?
I'm going to tag Kezzie, Jade and Maridan just off the top of my head but if you want to answer these, please feel free, I'd love to see your answers!
Hope you're all well!