23/10/2015

Green Sheen

 My lovely little Peace Lily, which I received for my 25th birthday back in July, is doing exceptionally well and I adore this beautiful shade of green on the leaves - it's one of the first things I see in the morning and it always lifts my spirits.

Green is my favourite colour, and this particular shade is the one I always gravitate towards.


There is definitely something to be said for how calming the colour green makes me feel. I really like the way the sunlight is shining through the leaf at the back of the photo.


Some of the flowers have the tiniest hint of green to them as they start to naturally age and it contrasts against their white petals beautifully.


As you know, I love nature and am continually fascinated by the way things work and the astounding new discovered that come from the natural world each day, and having a little bit of nature in my room is comforting indeed.


I did share this photo on my Facebook and Twitter already, but this tiny little flower was the cutest little overnight addition to my little plant, and it's now unfurled it's petals completely and has been joined by several more tiny little flowers as Triffid continues to grow.

It's Friday again and that means I'm linking up with the lovely Jen from Pierced Wonderings for Photo Friday! If you want to know more, just head on over to Jen's blog to join in and share your wonderful photography.


Also, the lovely Sara from Bloo 'n' Stuff did some stunning portraits of myself and Prompts by Dee and Fine and Dandy over on her blog and it was the nicest surprise, so definitely check out her post here, she's one of my favourites!

Have a wonderful weekend
Tasha
xxx

10 comments:

  1. How lovely. I'm impressed as to how well your plant is doing. Cacti and certain succulents aside I'm prone to killing plants in the shortest amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something sinister and triffid like about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks so green and healthy. I love having lots of indoor plants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peace lilies! We have a huge one - It was originally a $60 plant that we picked up on clearance for $20. Ours doesn't bloom too often, but it's beautiful out on our front porch.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful plant to have received on your 25th birthday and you've captured it wonderfully, I hope it lasts for many more years to come!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I managed to kill the peace lily had in my early twenties, I haven't tried again since. Yours is so lovely I'm almost tempted accept lilies and pets aren't a good mix. At least I get to enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tasha! You are great with plants, I'm always make them die! Haha! Are you on IG? That's my fav socialmedia! xx cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tasha, it's doing so well! You are good!!! We had one of these when I was a child so it makes me feel all nostalgic!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful plant and lovely series of photos. Although I am a little jealous because all my houseplants die within weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green is always a happy colour! It's the colour of nature, definitely my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha