13/10/2015

Kestrels & Origami Shells

I find drawing really relaxing, and it's something which has always made me feel calm. I like the fact that it gives me a chance to improve a skill and have some fun at the same time, and when I found a stunning photo of a lesser kestrel the other day on Pinterest I thought I'd sit down and have a go, especially as I haven't drawn anything nature related for a little while now, and here is the result!

(Only one foot is on show as in the photo he was resting on a little rocky outcrop!)


One thing I am certain of is that I need to invest in some proper art materials - specifically some colouring pencils and a decent pencil for shading too, but I don't think this one turned out too badly for a first attempt at a little kestrel!  Kestrels are one of my favourite birds of prey, I love that grey-blue colouring of the feathers that the males have on their heads, it's so pretty. 


I also had a go at making an origami shell, and have just seen a more advanced tutorial to create a nautilus' shell, which I am going to try at some point - though it looks a little tricky I think it's time to attempt some more challenging ones! I want to get a hold of some origami paper and make some more of these in some different colours as I love the way these turned out - they'd be great decorations for next summer too, and I am a sucker for anything nautical.

The tutorial I followed is here if you'd like to have a go yourself.

It's Tuesday so that means Two Uses Tuesday, and their 50th one at that, with both Stella and Sarah. Click their names to add your crafty posts and share your creativity. 



Hope you're all having a lovely week!

Tasha
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a really great sketch there! I'm pretty awful at sketching but I do enjoy it every now and then, it's quite relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the origami and the drawing are beautiful and impressive. I have always wished I could draw but unfortunately I am terrible at it. I tried origami awhile back and was pretty happy when I mastered the paper crane. I hope I can still remember how to do it- this post makes me want to have a go at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab drawing, but as much as I love birds, I confess to not liking birds of prey one bit. Where we used to live, a hobby perched on our garden fence for a while once, I was so fearful for the birds who came to our garden to feed, but they weren't silly and were all quietly hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressed by your artistic talents. I have just bought a 'grown-up' colouring book and pens which is about the most creative I get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Tasha, that drawing is wonderful! You are a great artist and the shell is beautiful too! When my mum was a vet nurse, we had a lovely kestrel in the vets who was a rescue as she couldn't fly anymore! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a talent Tasha, I only wish to be able to draw like that! I have held a Kestrel before though :) I hope to see more of your artistic abilities soon.

    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha