31/10/2015

Spooky Evenings + a Mini Hiatus

I hope you've all had a lovely Halloween, whether you were celebrating or not, and enjoyed yourselves! All of the spooky twitter names everyone was switching to have been one of my favourite things about Halloween this year, and of course, all of the amazing make-up looks and costumes that people create.

I spent Halloween indoors this year, watching scary films and staying cosy as the rain fell.


We carved a little pumpkin, and the finished project came out looking a little like a scary big cat! I love pumpkin carving, but I need to improve my skills. Spooky straws are always a plus on Halloween too, and these cute little ones made me laugh as the skulls' expressions were too cute. Mum made these cute little Halloween paper lanterns too which lit up the hallway. 


I tried my hand at Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't have her lovely patchwork dress but I loved doing this. Maybe one day I should attempt some actual cosplay? 


Candles, Lanterns, and Pumpkins - the epitome of Halloween!


I'd decorated my room with my little crow, a bloody white rose, my Burton-esque style pumpkin and my little spider fascinator, which I wore last year but now serves as a cute decoration for my room!


We had sweets out for any trick or treaters that came, Mum lit some tealights to set a warm atmosphere and I placed these plastic fangs on the side for added spookiness! 


And the final little cherry on top was this cute mini lantern my Mum made, which has sat on my bookshelf for the entirety of October, so cute.

Before I disappear, I just want to let you all know I'm on a mini hiatus as of tomorrow. I won't be blogging for a little while, probably around a fortnight, as I start a new job on Monday and want to give myself some time to settle in and get to know the ropes so if there's radio silence here for a little while, that's why - I will return, I promise! 

Hope you've all had an amazing weekend!

Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new job Tasha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job. I'm heading out now, heaven only knows what kind of creatures I shall meet tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make an absolutely beautiful Sally! We'll catch you when you get back ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Hope the new job goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the job Tasha!!!
    I'm not keen on Halloween but I admire your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your Halloween make-up and all those wonderfully spooky decorations. A long time since we bothered with a carved pumpkin, next year I'm hoping for some suitably scary decorations though I doubt they'll be quite as creative as yours.

    Wishing you well in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dooooo a cosplay! You'll get hooked, I bet. Like 12 years ago at my first con I was like nooooo way I could never do that... the year after that I was like yes yes I am going to do an entire suit of armor. So I did, and I've been cosplaying ever since!

    Good luck with your new job!!! We'll miss you while you're 'gone'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the start of your job! I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post; I really like the way you celebrated Halloween this year; a night in with scary films and treats sounds idyllic! Good luck starting your new job - sending positive vibes your way!! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new job! I hope you had two awesome days there so far :)
    I love all the cute ideas for Halloween you and your mom set up. And your make-up is fabulous!
    Have a great rest of the week, Tasha.
    xo Beate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new job and I'm sure you'll settle in quickly! I'm not too fussed about Halloween though I like the pumpkin carving and decorations. No trick or treaters were around in our neighborhood for years!
    Caz | Style Lingua

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha